Mirage 2000 refuelling mission

Johnr666

Is there an existing mission for air to air refuelling of a Mirage 2000C which I can download?

There appears to be air to air refuelling missions for the A10 and F/A18 which can be downloaded but none that I can find for the Mirage 2000C.

It will take sometime for me to master the Mission Editor and create my own missions.

If I could down load an existing Mirage 2000C air to air refuelling mission, which is the only mission I need at this time, I could take my time mastering the Mission Editor.

Cheers

Thank you viper2097

Your mission for the Mirage 2000C was exactly what I needed to start the long process of learning air to air refuelling.

Analysing your mission may also help me understand why my attempts at creating a mission failed.

Cheers

Here is a good tutorial to create refueling mission.

You can use S-3, KC-130, KC-135 MPRS or IL-78 as tanker.

For tanker orbit speed you can use this free website.

http://www.hochwarth.com/misc/AviationCalculator.html

Go to the bottom of the page, enter tanker altitude, desired CAS speed for your aircraft (however you won't get much more than 230kt for KC-130, but you can target from 275kt to 300kt from S-3 and KC-135 MPRS), click "Compute Mach/ TAS/ EAS, and enter TAS value in mission editor.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

viper2097 thanks for your offer of assistance.

The Mirage 2000C is my favourite aircraft but, having just mastered the basic trainers, has given me a very steep learning curve because of its more advanced systems etc. I can now land the Mirage 2000C without blowing the tyres and/or crashing.

I have been reading the aircraft and mission editor manuals and watching the many Youtube videos while learning the basics. But I soon get impatient and look for shortcuts in the learning process so I can do the fun part which is flying the Mirage.

With your refuelling mission I can do some of the fun stuff while still doing the more tedious stuff of reading the manuals etc and getting a solid understanding of the manuals. From the little I have learnt about the Mission Editor it is obvious that making a refuelling mission is only the start so there is no avoiding learning everything about the Mission Editor.

As someone who prefers learning by watching the many excellent Youtube tutorials instead of starting with the less entertaining manuals, I have learnt this shortcut approach can cause confusion. I feel many of the Youtube tutorials assume the viewer has some understanding of the basics so do not mention or explain in greater detail some of the basic steps. I think this happened to me when learning how to make a refuelling mission and when adding the mirage.

So with your refuelling mission I can spend many hours flying and mastering air to air refuelling while motivating me to taking my time reading the manuals.

Cheers

More assistance needed with air to air refuelling using the Mirage 2000C.

I have a communication problem with the tanker or viz versa.

All goes well up to when I want the basket extended but the tanker keeps sending the "RETURN PRE CONTACT" message.

I have tried many different approaches and danced around close to the basket but I never get the basket lowered or the tanker to use any other message than "RETURN PRE CONTACT".

This happens with the mission supplied to me by viper2097 and a mission I created myself. I modified viper2097's mission to include a different skin on the Mirage and used the Persian Gulf map. My first baby steps in creating my own missions.

I am certain it is a "newbie" mistake but one I cant rectify despite watching many videos and reading many posts.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Thanks for the advise.

Positioned just below the tanker and back from the boom worked.

Positioned just below the tanker and back from the basket does not work.

Now the hard part begins....connecting with the basket and not being waved off by the tanker.

Cheers