SABRE PILOTS WANTED!!

Bader

Dammit.....pve is right up my alley lol......maybe you can host again when I'm home!!??

No problem Robert, I'm always happy to host.

Question is what version.

If testing with cromhunt shows the A.I. is still broken then only the older version can offer the good "gameplay" these missions can provide so you'd need to be willing to roll back a copy of your current version.

That's really no big deal at all.

For me, it's all about the gameplay.

We put literally thousands of hours into building these missions to make them fun to fly.

Running them with lobotomized Mig pilots is something I just can't bring myself to do.

Better to let DCS keep working on squashing the bugs in 2.5 and just enjoy the missions in an older version that works.

Yeah, the trees aren't as pretty but that's about it.

Maybe this video will bring part of the answer? I have not seen any strange behavior so far, but I have not tried all the mission configurations,

We'll see

I know someone who has a good experience of Mig15bis, maybe it helps?

it's the author of the 3 videos on this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3474828#post3474828

see you next

Edited by cromhunt

I could probably spend some time to and downgrade. Lol I should have just kept my v1.5 alive. I doubt it would be the 14th as stat3d previously, it I'll be resuming normal flight ops sometime after the 16th. I will FOR SURE get an 1.5 going, just need to know what v you are running specifically.

Currently I'm up to current simply because I had prepurchased SOH and Hornet and my wife was trying to be helpful and update my crap for me so It's be ready for the 14th when I'm home.....such a good girl!!!

Sorry, before In get too far into a major project with my game, we're you talking 1.5, or were you talking abkut rolling back maybe 2 or 3 versions?

~Rob

Most issues regarding AI behavior have been addressed. There may be isolated cases but I'm having no problems in any of the content I've authored. I push them around quite a bit and ask very specific things of them under very specific circumstances. I have had no issues whatsoever with AI engaging clients, and every single mission I host is on a dedicated server. PM with a link to a mission you'd like tested and I'll check it out on my own time if you like, as a client on a dedicated server, but I have a tiny baby so making and meeting commitments is not my strong suit right now.

The only issues you'll encounter is when AI are unable to detect a player aircraft, which is based on the sensor suite available to them (read: none in the MiG-15.) If you're having problems with the AI engaging clients, add an AWACS or EWR to OPFOR and that should clear things up.

I'd recommend testing 2.5. Living in a literally year-old version is doing yourself a disservice and cutting you off from a huge amount of players in the public arena.

I could probably spend some time to and downgrade. Lol I should have just kept my v1.5 alive.

I will FOR SURE get an 1.5 going, just need to know what v you are running specifically.

~Rob

Good news Robert.

With the kind help of cromhunt over the last few days we were able to determine that the A.I. in the latest open beta version is working well enough to use.

There are still some issues but the major deal breaker has been fixed.

So, this whole thing about rolling back to an earlier version will no longer be needed. I'll be hosting on the current open beta version from now on.

When you get home and want to fly just jump on TeamSpeak with us. (TeamSpeak info in first post)

PM with a link to a mission you'd like tested and I'll check it out on my own time if you like, as a client on a dedicated server, but I have a tiny baby so making and meeting commitments is not my strong suit right now.

That is a very generous offer sir. Thank you.

However, the needed testing has just been completed.

The only issues you'll encounter is when AI are unable to detect a player aircraft, which is based on the sensor suite available to them (read: none in the MiG-15.) If you're having problems with the AI engaging clients, add an AWACS or EWR to OPFOR and that should clear things up.

Not the "only" issue but one of the issues and this fixed it.

Thanks for the tip. Works great.

LRRP

• 1 month later...
Good news Robert.

With the kind help of cromhunt over the last few days we were able to determine that the A.I. in the latest open beta version is working well enough to use.

There are still some issues but the major deal breaker has been fixed.

So, this whole thing about rolling back to an earlier version will no longer be needed. I'll be hosting on the current open beta version from now on.

When you get home and want to fly just jump on TeamSpeak with us. (TeamSpeak info in first post)

Hi, really interested in joining the server, is finally up? What's the name?

Thank You.

Hi, really interested in joining the server, is finally up? What's the name?

Thank You.

Hi Hunter:

I don't leave a server up if no one is flying.

If you want to fly my missions you must find me on TeamSpeak.

I tend to be on TeamSpeak early morning CST until who knows when almost every day.

Just jump on TeamSpeak and I'll fire up a server.

TeamSpeak info in post #1.

Bring a friend or two.

Here is some version 2.5.x gameplay video @cromhunt made recently.

LRRP

Thx mate, unfortunately in Your time frame I'm at work but I will try...

Normally I play with my friend on the evening so...

There's the possibility to have one of Your missions to try it hosting a game on my Pc (private server only for 3/4 players)?

Thx in any case.

Bye.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Bader, just came across this. Havent flown my Sabre in donkeys but would like to dust it off. I have installed teamspeak 3 and will look at rolling back my 1.5.8.

What happens to the saved games folder? Do i have to create one as I upgraded to 2.5 from 1.5.8?

I will be very rusty but will get the manual out and do some training

Edited by tmansteve

Bader, just came across this. Havent flown my Sabre in donkeys but would like to dust it off. I have installed teamspeak 3 and will look at rolling back my 1.5.8.

What happens to the saved games folder? Do i have to create one as I upgraded to 2.5 from 1.5.8?

I will be very rusty but will get the manual out and do some training

@tmansteve:

No need to do any rolling back to an older version. See post #59.

We are back to flying the latest open beta version.

No worries about being "rusty".

We have a practice mission designed to help quickly and enjoyably knock the rust off and I'd be happy to run it for you any time.

Just jump on TeamSpeak when you want to fly and I'll get you set up.

LRRP

LRRP

Im using 2.5 stable. Can i still fly or is this only for beta? Sorry about this as so many versions out there its a little confusing. As I live in the UK, not able to fly until later in the day but will keep my eyes open for you and connect up teamspeak

Cheers

Edited by tmansteve

LRRP

Im using 2.5 stable. Can i still fly or is this only for beta? Sorry about this as so many versions out there its a little confusing. As I live in the UK, not able to fly until later in the day but will keep my eyes open for you and connect up teamspeak

Cheers

we are all running open beta only.

easy to change.

I see. Not going to be with you guys until I can fathom out the loss of sound in the cockpit. Might be an ongoing problem, so need to get it sorted pretty quickly

@tmansteve:

It is an ongoing problem as in it's been going on for years.

Goes back at least as far as version 1.5.3.

Do yourself a favor and don't spend your valuable time trying to fix it.

It's not your hardware or software it's a bug in the game.

There is a thread about it somewhere on the forums.

All we can do is tolerate it until they fix it.

Is it annoying? Yes.

Is it worth it? Absolutely.

The Sabre is that much fun to fly.

Edited by LRRP

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a relatively new F-86 pilot who flies with a buddy. I've been doing little self-hosted missions but will absolutely try this out for both of us.

I'm in California. Is the server CST?

i7-7700k

eVGA 1080 Ti

Win 10 Pro

Samsung Odyssey WMR

Warthog HOTAS