Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Last week, I cross-posted a screenshot from the Razbam discord showing some of the centre consol work. Ref: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/91082-bo-105-pah1a1-progress-news/?do=findComment&comment=4664859

Today, @The_Fragger posted a full render of part of that on the MilTech5 Discord.  Ref for that....

On 5/22/2021 at 10:13 AM, The_Fragger said:

These days, there seems to be a constant stream of updates from both the coding and graphics fronts. It is really great to see such good momentum and the screenshots look fantastic.

So, the usual cross-post again for people here. Usual disclaimers, etc., etc..  🙂

20210523a.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 9

On 5/23/2021 at 2:57 PM, xvii-Dietrich said:

So, the usual cross-post again for people here. Usual disclaimers, etc., etc..  🙂

ED should give you access to open/close a specific thread where you could post all the screenshots etc transferred from their Discord etc.

You are doing big favor for the community by doing what developers should be doing as first thing...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Looks like I missed a few from the weekend during my usual hunt-about looking for news on the various 'social' media playforms. But it seems that @The_Fragger posted not only some other render views showing the new texturing on the main console, but also some of the instrument dials on the front panel too.

Anyway, just cross-posting again for people here. Usual disclaimers, etc., etc.. 

20210521n.png

20210521m.png

20210521l.png

20210521k.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Pilot Ike said:

The ED forum is basically the only go-to place for me to get information on DCS and the various modules

Think about how many thousand is missing the information because they can not find it from the ED forums.... 

They have only for Harrier channel alone 1000 people online, and there is possibly tens of thousands searching the information in here. 

Without people like Him copying the news to the forums because official community managers are unwilling to do it, they would be losing lots of marketing later on. 

• Like 2

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Last night (or this morning... depending on your timezone), @The_Fragger posted up some more progress news on Discord. The first thing noted was a comment on the previous screenshots.

comment_20210528a.png

I think most of us are aware that a lot of the screenshots we are seeing are from modelling tools and other "non-game" software, and that it is part of the long development process, but I feel it is wise to mention it anyway.

Then there were a few screenshots. The first was really interesting (to me, at least).

20210529b.png

Apart from the interaction areas, there's a bit of a look at some of the targetting/weapons equipment on the left. (I've no idea what it does, but I'd not noticed/seen it before.

There, there was a detail from one of the struts.

20210529a.png

In case you don't speak German, this translates as:   "When operating on the ground, only small stick deflections to check function."

However, this prompted someone to ask on Discord if there would be an English language version of the cockpit. To which the answer was:

comment_20210529a.png

That's all for now, just cross-posting again for people here. Usual disclaimers, etc., etc.. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

wow this topic is as old as huey's release date. i hope it will happen soon

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

1 hour ago, ebabil said:

wow this topic is as old as huey's release date. i hope it will happen soon

Indeed! We all hope it will be soon.

However it is also, until recently, the work of one amazingly tenacious, talented and dedicated individual and the magnitude of such a project means inevitably it is going to take a lot of time. Now there's an expert coder on the project and things have started picking up a lot in the last few months. It was not so long back that there was a period where it was all "on ice" and we thought it may never happen at all. It is a credit to @The_Fragger that he never gave up. Yes, we're hoping it will be soon, but it's also clear it will be a long while yet... there are still so many details to attend to.

One of the reasons for cross-posting images from Discord here is that I feel that it is important to maintain the "historical record". It reminds us of how long these things take and how the path is a long one... especially for those who start out as "just" self-taught modders or graphic-artists or 3D modellers.

So, to that effect, here are some images that were posted today over on discord. Usual disclaimers, etc..

20210601b.png

20210601c.png

20210601d.png

If anyone has seen any of my DCS helicopter landings, they will know why these are important.  🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von Text
Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von Text

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Friday is traditionally DCS "progress-update" day, with official newsletters, announcements and like. Today was no exception with ED showing off the first screenshots of the AH64 (which is, apparently, another type of helicopter).

Meanwhile, @The_Fragger has been burning the midnight oil and posted the following up last night over the MilTech5 Discord channel. So that the Bo-105 gets its update today too, here are a small selection of the latest screenshots from him. This time, it's work on the collective.

20210603b.png

20210603c.png

20210603e.png

20210603h.png

Usual disclaimers, etc. etc..

• Like 6

Incredible detail and realism. It is great to see and make peaple understand why modules of this quality cost money. What an amount of work! A pleasure to watch the progress.

Thanks for cross-posting. And thanks to Fragger for providing these wherever.

• Like 5

are we gonna see this in 2021?

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

@ebabil If you mean available on the store for purchase, then my guess is probably not. (And hey, if I'm wrong then, that would be super!) These modules are extremely complex, and helicopter flight models are notoriously difficult. It should be pretty clear from the duration of this thread alone that the developers are paying attention to all the details. (And it should also be clear that they are not giving up either!!).

However, if you mean are we going to see more screenshots and progress, then sure. In fact, today on the MilTech5 discord, the developer posted up some screenshots on Discord this morning showing the next stages of this detailed work.  🙂

20210607e.png

20210607d.png

20210607c.png

20210607b.png

20210607a.png

( PS: Remember, I do not work for MilTech5 or RAZBAM... I'm just relaying some of the development screenshots that are being posted over on Discord, for those who prefer to follow progress here. I figure it saves them doing it, which means they've got more time to do development. Anyway, usual disclaimers... )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

News from the discord front is nearly daily, these days. When asked what the status of the front panel instrumentation is, @The_Fragger replied that they are "modeled and animated". Only three words, but this is actually rather significant progress. There are a lot of instruments and getting the nuances sorted out for lots of dials, each with ever-so-slightly-different rotation ranges, dial-types, nested needles, etc. is quite fiddly (I recall doing an XP10 mod back in 2016 and instruments were a major time consuming factor). And then, as if this wasn't enough @nibbylotchipped in to report on the coding effort, stating that the "weapons system is functional, just missing self test modes". Again, that's major progress. Anyway, here's a screenshot of their quotes...

20210609e.png

Right, and then if that wasn't enough, @The_Fraggershowed off the texture work being done on the recently completed model works (see the posts over the last couple of weeks). Suddenly those wire meshes and drab-plastic-greys spring to life.

20210609d.jpg

20210609c.jpg

20210609a.jpg

20210609b.jpg

Obviously all still very-much work in progress, but it is starting to look good in those places where the substance/textures are being applied.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Thank you so much for this @xvii-Dietrich
Only if somebody had the stamina and did something similar for the Kiowa, it would put a lot of minds at ease! emoji6.png
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Unfortunately there isnt much to post on the Kiowa Warrior since polychop wont give us screenshots!

Hope we can see the KW this year

• Like 2

One one minor item to report today. This came up from a comment on skins. Obviously there is a LOT of interest in skins for the Bo 105 and there were lots of examples posted up from coastguards to polizei to rescue to ambulance and so on and so forth. Of course, having multiple options will help make the module appeal to a wider audience. The problem is that this is a) lots of work and b) it makes the module download size potentially huge. What would be good would be a) to have some extremely generic skins (plain colours, no markings, mission-editor configurable numbers) and then make that skin available to all nations. A forest green, desert brown and sea grey and you can use it anywhere; and b) a template so users can make their own.

In any case, the official word from the developer is that skins will only be done when the texturing of the external part of the model starts... so that's a little way off for now.

20210611a.png

• Like 1