USS Stennis - whats that thingies for??

NoJoy

I'm sure one of you smart guys can give a short explanation for the thingies shown on the images (marked in red) - I just don't find anything useful on the web...

Thankssss

picture.php?albumid=1627&pictureid=10586

picture.php?albumid=1627&pictureid=10585

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

Wohw? They're up and showing in my thread!?! Sorry, check the links to my album then...:

attachment.php?attachmentid=204053&stc=1&d=1549554492

attachment.php?attachmentid=204054&stc=1&d=1549554492

front.jpg.257eb2907fcaa49f9bb54d19532abb6a.jpg

back.jpg.37c4ccf9a0e1a67d4cdf3afe32994c81.jpg

Edited by AnimalMother711
Images upload

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

Invalid Album specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Ok here we go, images should be up now!

Jeez...finally

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

Ok so we know that the Captain and the CAG has some HF foldable fishing rods aboard for their time off-duty. What are the backward thingies then?

Some kind of parking bumpers? Would think that only the new Ford-Class has an integrated park-assist...

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

Not exactly certain. I speculate that the equipment has something to do with managing de-gaussing and magnetic signature, as anti-mine defense. Could also be static dissipation , or lightning rod & grounding(sea-grounding), or ECM/E-Warfare. A lot of things on the ship, on the deck, and below flight deck don't like electrical spikes or sparks.

Ok so we know that the Captain and the CAG has some HF foldable fishing rods aboard for their time off-duty. What are the backward thingies then?

Some kind of parking bumpers? Would think that only the new Ford-Class has an integrated park-assist...

Your pretty much right

These VERTICAL BEAMS mounted on a carrier’s transom AKA “the Stern Dock” are placements for boat fenders or bumpers. Their use is primarily limited to in port visits while on deployment. They protect the ship’s aft steel plates and paint from minor damage from misc floating docks or small boats which are used to bus people and cargo ashore and back when there are no port dockside facilities and the carrier has to anchor offshore.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]