Mudspike Preview (contains lots of screens and a few videos)

Strikeeagle345

Your comments are deeply appreciated. We (Mudspike) still want to be one of those old school, thoughtful sites that uses the old format of long form articles and some screens to provide information. I'm very much a "grab a cup of coffee and sit and read some stuff" in the morning kind of guy, and that is what we hope we provide. Thanks for the kind words.

BeachAV8R

+1 here.

My favourite format also, it gives the reviews a much more organized look.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Your comments are deeply appreciated. We (Mudspike) still want to be one of those old school, thoughtful sites that uses the old format of long form articles and some screens to provide information. I'm very much a "grab a cup of coffee and sit and read some stuff" in the morning kind of guy, and that is what we hope we provide. Thanks for the kind words.

BeachAV8R

As a former content creator and moderator for the main forum of a wholly unrelated game, I greatly appreciate this! Having things in writing is so much better for anything that isn't just a quick look imo.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I know this format of preview isn't for everyone (youtube ideos usually get higher visibility), but I'm happy to see some of you found it interesting.

I enjoyed this more than the videos. Thanks:thumbup:!

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Might not be though, the pyrotechnics are used to break the canopy retention hooks only, the jettison itself is via the canopy hydraulic actuator shaft meaning that it might well work even if it's open.

I suspect it has more to do with being able to removing steps in case of emergency egress. If the canopy is open, you can still probably unharness and get out quickly (and probably in a more safe manner). However, once you've closed the canopy, there's a number of things that might make it faster for you to eject than to open the canopy, unharness, and get out.

edit - All of my internal checklists for other aircraft involve me arming the seat either when I start the engines (engine fires suck), or when I close the canopy, specifically because I mentally prepare for what could happen in the immediate term.

I would always shake hands with the Plane Captain who serviced the aircraft and help us strap in, thank him for his good work, and wait for him to button up the steps and get clear of the aircraft.

I thought that we would lower the canopy, get an ICS check, then arm the seats together. You could always blow the canopy alone for a ground egress, and you wanted to ensure that both crew were strapped in safely before either armed up.

Could be wrong, but I don’t recall arming the seats with the canopy up.

Viewpoints are my own.

I would always shake hands with the Plane Captain who serviced the aircraft and help us strap in, thank him for his good work, and wait for him to button up the steps and get clear of the aircraft.

I thought that we would lower the canopy, get an ICS check, then arm the seats together. You could always blow the canopy alone for a ground egress, and you wanted to ensure that both crew were strapped in safely before either armed up.

Could be wrong, but I don’t recall arming the seats with the canopy up.

yeah its odd, the NATOPS says to arm them first. Then the very next step is to close the canopy.:huh:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

yeah its odd, the NATOPS says to arm them first. Then the very next step is to close the canopy.:huh:

Wouldn't be the first time that the manual and "how it's really done" don't completely agree, though pointy nose aviators are a special breed when it comes to verbatim compliance (this coming from a former nuke). :music_whistling:

Thanks for the comments everyone. I know this format of preview isn't for everyone (youtube ideos usually get higher visibility), but I'm happy to see some of you found it interesting.

I found it a very welcome change so thank you for that!:book:

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

Way better than a youtube vid. :)

Ps your guides are great.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 3 weeks later...