Simple way to add a LOT of value to this module...

Schmidtfire

I know MiG-19P is the focus of this project. But since there has been talks of an additional

MiG-19S, I have a suggestion how to add additional value.

As an option the ability to carry GAR-8 and Aim-9P for upgraded Pakistan/Egypt versions.

It will greatly extend the useability in different scenarios without crossing the boundry of realism.

Or not by much anyway. The Aim-9P will also make MiG-19S more relevant in a 1970/1980's scenario :)

Also creating a great choice/tradeoff: MiG-19S with a better missile but without radarscope. MiG-19P has radarscope but older missiles. Or for a straight "oldschool scenario" go MiG-19 guns only and pylons removed.

That will cover a lot of missions as it can be a MiG-19S/F-6/J-6 variant mixture (depending on what loadout is selected). More content for mission editors and players, and relatively easy to integrate as GAR-8 and AiM-9P missiles are already in DCS.

I like your line of thinking!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Chinese PLAAF Nanchang Q-5 is Mig-19 with radome and side air intakes. DCS could use DCS level module of Chinese aircraft.

The Q-5 would require a total rework of both exterior and interior 3D model :noexpression: Not really feasible to have it as a part of the MiG-19 pack..

Its a bit of stretch because soviet and chinese pylons need some modification to accept actual sidewinders. The aicraft on the picture is twice non-vanilla being a Pakistani field mod of a Chinese version. So maybe as an aircraft system option(like civilian options on DCS Mi-8 and L-39 for example), not just a loadout.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Its a bit of stretch because soviet and chinese pylons need some modification to accept actual sidewinders. The aicraft on the picture is twice non-vanilla being a Pakistani field mod of a Chinese version. So maybe as an aircraft system option(like civilian options on DCS Mi-8 and L-39 for example), not just a loadout.

That is why It would be a great option. Since the focus is MiG-19P fidelity, stretching a bit on the 19S version with IRL "field mod" options like this would make the entire module package very attractive and usable over different conflicts and eras :)

LGB's and TGP has to my knowledge never been mounted on MiG-19 (or J-6 wich name you perfer), but american sidewinders has. Both by Pakistan and Egypt. It is a very reasonable and plausible option. And cool. East tech meets West tech. You want to fly CCCP "vanilla" like the original, just don't mount the sidewinders or pylons. Everyone win.

Edited by Schmidtfire

The real issue and why variants aren't commonly seen (Spitfire CW and P-51 Korea to post ww2 versions) is the effort involved. The ones that are most likely are where the models are the same and it's literally an on/off checkbox that is implemented (Mirage 2000 D2M). Removing a radar scope display in the cockpit model then redoing the texture wrap isn't a small task, you need to have a go at this to see. Recreating the lua plugins for each type isn't so hard, but it's still work, they will deviate and the weapon choices require changes. The Pylons may require different models suggested as above, these will be new models that take effort to do. The switches for interfacing with radar need to be disabled, the keyboard assignments for each redone, which is tedious and not automated.

It's not that this is either a bad idea or impossible, it's just it's a lot easier to say it that execute it and the timelines and planning for devs has already been planned out to an extent to cover the Mirage overhaul, the Harrier continuance and whatever other projects are in pipeline. Plus I deliberately oversimplified the dev effort because it's boring to reiterate and there's more like research to validate these options, checking if the radar removal changed the FM balance and a multitude of licensing changes between ED and Razbam and really boring stuff.

Having said this, I'd like to see more "variant inclusion" from the outset. The reason for this is because, once a Dev does a main module, the chances anyone else will do that minor variant are now hopelessly and utterly destroyed. Which is sad and permanent.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

They are already going to make MiG-19S. Add and align two missile pylons and sidewinders. Profit. At least no extensive coding is needed and you get an airframe that optionally will cover everything from Nam up to conflicts in the 1980’s. Maybe beyond :)

Offering a very complete MiG-19 experience.

It is just a wish/suggestion. But I think a lot of players would enjoy it. Fits good togheter with upcoming Pakistani JF-17 module. Not to mention flying Egypt AF on the Syria map.

They are already going to make MiG-19S. Add and align two missile pylons and sidewinders. Profit. At least no extensive coding is needed and you get an airframe that optionally will cover everything from Nam up to conflicts in the 1980’s. Maybe beyond :)

Offering a very complete MiG-19 experience.

It is just a wish/suggestion. But I think a lot of players would enjoy it. Fits good togheter with upcoming Pakistani JF-17 module. Not to mention flying Egypt AF on the Syria map.

I agree, it would add alot for not much effort (I think).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

For those interested in this, I can probably make a day one weapon mod to add some of these features, of course that wouldn't be compatible online, but it will add those capabilities. This will of course depend on some of the coding in the module.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk