Spudknocker's Mig-19 Review Video

=DECOY=

If only there was a MiG-19 car..... oh wait

gm_firebird_ii_concept_car_2.jpeg

- The MiG-19 tail had been driving me crazy for a while, cause I couldnt connect where I had seen something similar. Just dawned om me, while watching the video. The GM Firebird II :)

Looking forward to share the skies with the 19. We need more Gen 2 and 3 :thumbup:.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

He says the guns fire in bursts partly due to its loading via stripper clips. Is this accurate?

Also guns muzzle flash and smoke effect is rather small (as seen at 16:50, 18:22, 18:35) when in reality they were quite pronounced as seen below in video at 29:04

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

Keep in mind the quality of the film used in these clips. A relativity dim muzzle flash can "overexpose" the film, resulting in a large area that's washed out.

He says the guns fire in bursts partly due to its loading via stripper clips. Is this accurate?

Also guns muzzle flash and smoke effect is rather small (as seen at 16:50, 18:22, 18:35) when in reality they were quite pronounced as seen below in video at 29:04

I believe they are loaded via stripper clips sort of like how a bofors gun is loaded with large clips rather than long belts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

Keep in mind the quality of the film used in these clips. A relativity dim muzzle flash can "overexpose" the film, resulting in a large area that's washed out.

Yeah I was thinking that as well. Played at 1/4 speed, though difficult to make out from the grainy footage it appears to me the gasses are moving around the cockpit over the wing/fuselage and towards the tail. It would be useful to find another video of the NR-30 firing for comparison.

I believe they are loaded via stripper clips sort of like how a bofors gun is loaded with large clips rather than long belts

I was wondering when you said that because I've seen cutaways and a diagram in the Russian manual of the MiG-19 showing a belt of ammunition running down almost its entire length of wing. The 3rd cannon of the S variant appears have rounds stored in a box magazine like the MiG 15, 17.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

I'm really looking forward to flying this bird. I love the Mig's. Thanks for the video.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

yeah no this makes no sense

burstfire mechanisms are pretty standard on russian aircraft cannons but it's not done with some "clip autoloader"

0396-01-2-7.jpg

Edited by probad

Cant wait for sure. This winter will be hot, I hope ;D.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Two questions:

- Whats going on with the piper just before the merge? What does this jiggling mean?

- The radar seems to update the contact position constantly on its scope, instead of updating with each sweep so it looks like a digital 4th gen with extrapolation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

I concur with Кош and Vitormouraa ...

from the video, cockpit is extremely dark to be usable during the day... a problem effecting all razbam's cockpits... hopefully this will be corrected at the release... which gets me to the radar. Is it considered done? As it has been observered above, the update rate is not in sync with an antenna sweep. Also ground noise return is quite strange. It looked like a fixed pattern of crt blooming?

Yep, and ground return seems fixed, unlike simulations in Mig-21bis and community Skyhawk. This needs a comment from the devs. Also, did anyone find a video of a working RP-5 or its Chinese derivatives?

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder