A-6 "Intruder" by Razbam

YoYo

I'm not that fussed over the strike eagle. Don't get me wrong, it will be a powerful addition to the DCS group, but I would just as soon have something older. F-105, a-6, f-4... All these birds are of an age which we are seeing too many of them unsuitable for flight at airshows and the like. In many ways, they paved the way for modern aircraft. Without the lessons learned here, we wouldn't have f-15s or f18s etc. Also I believe they were the last planes to really need a pilots skills to fly, the computers didn't do it all for them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW! Definitely looking forward to the Harrier, F-15E (fully clickable cockpit:thumbup:) and A6.....Not to mention the Aircraft carrier addon...This is such an exciting time for DCS and Combat Flight sims. These will all be an instant pre order from me. Some of the other "less known" aircraft im still on the fence about but when it comes to DCS for me its like Pokemon gotta collect them all.:megalol:

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

Oh my god the pipe dreams are all coming together

I wonder when someone will bite the bullet and make an F-16 though lol

Just to taunt and torture us probably never. Always leave us wanting yet disappointed like a bad parent does. They give us something close, but never what we really want.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Just to taunt and torture us probably never. Always leave us wanting yet disappointed like a bad parent does. They give us something close, but never what we really want.

I find this "we" very disturbing.

If someone needs an F-16 fix, they can get one. Otherwise I feel great joy from teasing the Viper Fanboys with their longing for, what is essentially a less capable, less expensive, more dangerous to operate aircraft then everything else 4th Gen in use today XD...

Ahhh...DCS...I hope you never get an F-16 so the tears can lube my Tailhook.

Edited by Chrinik

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

I find this "we" very disturbing.

If someone needs an F-16 fix, they can get one. Otherwise I feel great joy from teasing the Viper Fanboys with their longing for, what is essentially a less capable, less expensive, more dangerous to operate aircraft then everything else 4th Gen in use today XD...

Ahhh...DCS...I hope you never get an F-16 so the tears can lube my Hailhook.

Where do you base the viper to be more dangerous? The numbers can be a little skewed given its long history and large adoption.

I agree with Chrinik on points of there is a very good opportunity for those wanting their hardcore F-16 fix, which I do every now and then myself.

There are like a hundred other modules I would prefer over F-16 for DCS, personally.

However, F-16 being less capable and more dangerous to operate than every 4th gen aircraft is a grossly inaccurate statement. If we are talking about multirole capability, it is one of the best, fi we are talking about agility, almost 4 decades into it's existence, it is nearly up there with the best. It's top speed may be markedly slower than many 4th gen but it's acceleration and climbing performances are ridiculously good. Full authority FBW makes controlling it almost boringly easy compared to most other aircraft, which arguably makes is much less dangerous, not otherwise, yeah it is single engined, but so are a lot of other 4th gen aircraft (like Gripen, J-10, Mirage 2000) and even 5th gen aircraft like F-35. For being relatively tiny, it can still lug around a ridiculously big mixed air-air and air-ground ordnance, including long range standoff weapons, even if by having a signficiant degrade in flight performance in that case.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Snip!

Ahhh...DCS...I hope you never get an F-16 so the tears can lube my Hailhook.

What is a "Hailhook"?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 4 weeks later...

However, F-16 being less capable and more dangerous to operate than every 4th gen aircraft is a grossly inaccurate statement.

Say something remotely negative bout the F16 and of course you get corrected immediately XD

More dangerous: Single engine, inherently more dangerous then twin engine.

Less capable: Size and hardpointwise it simply carries less then other fighters, and what it carries is not unique to the F-16 and pretty much everyone can carry the same weapons, the main versions are also not carrier capable like the F-18C we´ll be getting.

A good thing to get my point across would be the song "I wish I had a gun just like the A-10" by Dos Gringos, which are active duty Viper Pilots, longing for the nice features other US aircraft have, then concluding that all of their Pilots would wish to fly the Viper, but not really coming forth with arguements other then "because it´s better". XD

I never stated that the stuff it does, it does bad. Simply that what it does, others can also do and most of the time, better or more of.

It´s just that the F-16 can do it cheaper, but that´s not really a concern in DCS now, is it?

That is probably why it´s so successful, it´s a jack of all trades, not really excelling in anything, but pricetag, but it can pretty much do anything.

Edited by Chrinik

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

What is a "Hailhook"?

Fixed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Red-Lyfe

Otherwise I feel great joy from teasing the Viper Fanboys with their longing for, what is essentially a less capable, less expensive, more dangerous to operate aircraft then everything else 4th Gen in use today XD...

:wassat: :shocking: :thumbdown:

:thumbup::D

Ahhh...DCS...I hope you never get an F-16 so the tears can lube my Tailhook.
Does the tail hook need lube? Molly-B (MIL-G-21164) might be a better choice than my tears. :cry: :P
Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Say something remotely negative bout the F16 and of course you get corrected immediately XD

More dangerous: Single engine, inherently more dangerous then twin engine.

Less capable: Size and hardpointwise it simply carries less then other fighters, and what it carries is not unique to the F-16 and pretty much everyone can carry the same weapons, the main versions are also not carrier capable like the F-18C we´ll be getting.

A good thing to get my point across would be the song "I wish I had a gun just like the A-10" by Dos Gringos, which are active duty Viper Pilots, longing for the nice features other US aircraft have, then concluding that all of their Pilots would wish to fly the Viper, but not really coming forth with arguements other then "because it´s better". XD

I never stated that the stuff it does, it does bad. Simply that what it does, others can also do and most of the time, better or more of.

It´s just that the F-16 can do it cheaper, but that´s not really a concern in DCS now, is it?

That is probably why it´s so successful, it´s a jack of all trades, not really excelling in anything, but pricetag, but it can pretty much do anything.

I never disagreed with the critique on fuel, loadout or single-engine risk. They are spot-on assessments :)

Just wanted to offer an alternate point of view as to the other assertions about its safety etc, seeing as how you don't like anyone saying anything about the f-16 "because it's [better/worse]".

It's a succssful design because as you say it's so cost effective as a multi-role fighter. It has out performed many aircraft over the years. The Danes thought long and hard before deciding between upgrading their vipers AGAIN and joining the f35 program - and there are many voices unhappy with the choice now that they are seeing how the project is (or rather isn't) developing.

But that's a flame war for another topic ;)

:

Does the tail hook need lube? Molly-B (MIL-G-21164) might be a better choice than my tears. :cry: :P

Yes and these days it would be MIL-PRF-81322.

• Like 1

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Yes and these days it would be MIL-PRF-81322.

Cool thanks.

See Chrinik, tears is not a recommended lube source;

direct pdf link

[ATTACH]144045[/ATTACH]

Table 3-5 page 3-56

:D:smartass:

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

You are welcome.

To whom it may concern,

:wassat: :shocking: :thumbdown:

:thumbup::D

Just saying.

Cool thanks.

See Chrinik, tears is not a recommended lube source;

direct pdf link

[ATTACH]144045[/ATTACH]

Table 3-5 page 3-56

:D:smartass:

Maybe for Vipers, but the Hornet is used to salt-water treatment. :megalol:

I stop now.

Edited by Chrinik

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Red-Lyfe

I had to do a double take here, I thought this was an A-6 Intruder thread, where does the F-16 fit in to that?

I'm pretty sure the F-16 guys are posting in every thread to try to get it made sooner... meh. A-6E for the win though! I cant wait to drop a stick of Mk-82 Snakeyes across an airfield at night in the goo or loft a Harpoon at a patrolling Nanuchka Corvette. :joystick:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Ok, lets brake it down;

So the F-16 is more dangerous. This is an abstract term and lack to much information to quantify. Is it harder to fly? Is it less reliable? A more accurate thing to say it would be that it has a higher class A rate than many other aircraft currently flying. (more info here) But there are significantly more F-16 flying than other aircraft and the number could and have been misleading. The only way to accurately compare the F-16 would be to match it to other aircraft of it generation with similar amount of aircraft in service and that fly as many other hour per day/month/year. What other single engine 4 generation aircraft used by over 20 counties is there flying over 100,000 hour per year ( entire fleet of F-16) are there? I'm honestly asking a do not know. So, if we can't compare it to another aircraft with similar characteristics, then we are comparing apple and oranges( irrelevant)

So is less capable;

The amount if weapons it can carry define an aircraft capabilities? Then B-52 is one of the most capable aircraft ever made. Wait, but that does not cover all aspects of an aircraft capability. This another abstract term that need more definition. How effective is it at a specific mission? How much does it cost to get that mission done? Cost matters in effectiveness because if it cost twice as much to do a job (F-15E vs F-16C) it is not very effective. Some say cost don't matter in DCS, well neither does safety nor capability so what are we talking about?

Anyway, A-6 would be cool but I have serious doubts about multi crew aircraft in DCS. I hope I'm wrong but I do not see any multi crew fighter or bomber that will be very accurate of fun to fly unless you have actually several people flying with you in the cockpit and that would be crazy when you think about it. You can fly a module if your friends can't fly or when you fly together lag or other problems causes miss communication in the pit.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,