F-15E?

JazonXD

I think we all need to constantly remind ourselves that when we get our F-15E (which I'm guessing wont be in early access for atleast another 2 1/2 - 3 years), DCS will be beyond recognition. In regards to the multi crew, I believe 3 years will be plenty of time to for multi crew to be just another aspect of a module. Just think how crazi its going to be in just a short few years. Tomcats, Hornets, Viggens, Spitfires, Harriers, P40's, Hinds, Mirages, Tucano's, A-7's, multiple maps, working carriers, a-g radar,and who knows what else. Maybe its just me but I feel like so many of the problems with the game engine will be fixed by then and were just looking into the problems we have now too much.

Totally agree with you, exciting times we are living in. Now we just need some more Russian aircraft :) Who knows may be we will get a surprise at some point.

Totally agree with you, exciting times we are living in. Now we just need some more Russian aircraft :) Who knows may be we will get a surprise at some point.

realisitc possibility from 4th generation? a fully clickable su27 , Mig29A and/ or mig29S, nice to have, but nothing new here. Sadly due to "secrecy laws" or something we won't be getting any SM variants with MFD's and Fox 3 capability.

Dunno if the Mig29M would still fall under same list.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

realisitc possibility from 4th generation? a fully clickable su27 , Mig29A and/ or mig29S, nice to have, but nothing new here. Sadly due to "secrecy laws" or something we won't be getting any SM variants with MFD's and Fox 3 capability.

Apparently even a S variant would be a pretty far stretch unfortunately :(

ED got cease and desist from RU gov't when they tried to make the SM so I don't think it'll be easy for them to even make the S given how many of them are still being used today.

It's just sad to see that there's not enough information or the government is so closed off about the Russian planes when we have enough government permission and information to make a late 90s/early 2000s freaking hornet!!

Sigh. One day... hopefully... (two weeks?)

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

ED got cease and desist from RU gov't when they tried to make the SM so I don't think it'll be easy for them to even make the S given how many of them are still being used today.

No they didn't, It's been flat out stated by people associated with ED. This was a rumor, it's not true, stop spreading it.

Make it Su-25KM "Scorpion" first in the line and slap there a price tag like A-10C and use profits to make those others clickable ;)

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

No they didn't, It's been flat out stated by people associated with ED. This was a rumor, it's not true, stop spreading it.

Was that lie/rumor about Su-27S? That we already have in the DCS?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Oh. That's interesting. I've seen that on the forum many times and I never saw any posts refuting it. My bad then. I'm curious then, what was the deal with the SM variant? Did they try to make one? Weren't they in the process of making one but (something) happened and they couldn't do it anymore?

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

• 1 month later...

While I love every aircraft the various teams pump out, I can't see the need for more than one ASM F-15, I prefer diversity over variants. It's akin to buying an M4 rifle, no matter what mods you do it's still looks and operates the same as the OEM.

/Dons fire proximity suit.

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

While I love every aircraft the various teams pump out, I can't see the need for more than one ASM F-15, I prefer diversity over variants. It's akin to buying an M4 rifle, no matter what mods you do it's still looks and operates the same as the OEM.

/Dons fire proximity suit.

Not really, if you modify it enough, it doesn't even look like or behave like the OEM, just modify enough

Same goes for F-15C to F-15E, more weight, different Avionics/Systems, bigger Frame and so on, it might handle similar to the F-15C, but it won't be the same, not even from the view of systems

I prefer diversity over variants.

(edited quote a bit, obviously!)

We're getting both!

Are the DCS: F-15C and DCS: F-15E modules being released tomorrow? Next week? Next month?

Nope.

They're being spaced out, with time going to various things, etc.

So you are getting that diversity, and some are getting two very highly anticipated aircraft.

Is there really a problem there? Personally, I don't think so - I do want similar treatment for the Red stuff though.

You know, like a MiG-23 for A/A and one for A/G...

:D

Lord of Salt

The F-15C and E are radically different, but the F-15E is a bit redundant with the upcoming F-18C. The oft requested F-16C is the same way. Not saying I don't think they should be added, but it isn't nearly as exciting to me as getting something truly new and different like the MiG-23, Mi-24 or AV-8B.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

The F-15C and E are radically different, but the F-15E is a bit redundant with the upcoming F-18C. The oft requested F-16C is the same way. Not saying I don't think they should be added, but it isn't nearly as exciting to me as getting something truly new and different like the MiG-23, Mi-24 or AV-8B.

To be fair, the Strike Eagle would provide much longer range, better top speed, and multicrew.

On all other counts I agree 10000%

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

The F-15E should be better at deep strike and some interdiction, but you need to model ECM and a few other things properly in order to make that distinction very clear.

It can do things an F-18C simply cannot ... the question is, can you model stuff well enough to show the difference?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

To be fair, the Strike Eagle would provide much longer range, better top speed, and multicrew.

On all other counts I agree 10000%

Loiter? Payload? Loiter and payload?

Biggest arguments for the F-15E virtual existence right there IMO. Especially if you're comparing it with the F/A-18C.

Lord of Salt

Yes, I agree. I certainly think there is a place for the F-15E in DCS - it fits perfectly with the existing and planned maps (and it is my favorite USAF jet). However, it would be unwise to release the F-15E anytime close to the F/A-18C. Their missions are similar as is the experience of operating a high-performance fighter with MFDs and a HUD.

Much like humor, the critical part is timing. If these modules are spaced ~1.5-2 years apart, many will want a new version of a similar experience simply to refresh their favorite parts of DCS. Most things don't stay new/exciting forever and adding a new module with a similar mission is a great way to keep players engaged. But if launched at the same time - the 2 modules share sales and there is a real loss of revenue for the developers.

I think that Razbam's plan for the AV-8B, Mirage III, and MiG-23MLA is a really great balance of different eras and experiences. By the time those modules are complete and on-sale, it will probably be a good time for the F-15E (IMHO).

-Nick

Yes, I agree. I certainly think there is a place for the F-15E in DCS - it fits perfectly with the existing and planned maps (and it is my favorite USAF jet). However, it would be unwise to release the F-15E anytime close to the F/A-18C. Their missions are similar as is the experience of operating a high-performance fighter with MFDs and a HUD.

Much like humor, the critical part is timing. If these modules are spaced ~1.5-2 years apart, many will want a new version of a similar experience simply to refresh their favorite parts of DCS. Most things don't stay new/exciting forever and adding a new module with a similar mission is a great way to keep players engaged. But if launched at the same time - the 2 modules share sales and there is a real loss of revenue for the developers.

I think that Razbam's plan for the AV-8B, Mirage III, and MiG-23MLA is a really great balance of different eras and experiences. By the time those modules are complete and on-sale, it will probably be a good time for the F-15E (IMHO).

-Nick

Although without having any idea of when the F-18 will be (will it be?) released, I'd say razbam should just do their planning and steam ahead regardless of what the supposed or estimated release windows are for the F-18, which have been missed and postponed a multitude of times.

I mean, what if they hold back the F-15E because they think in 1 year ED will release the F-18, and then in 1 year the F-18 will be delayed by another year? It would be better to have the F-15E while we wait for the F-18 :joystick:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Even if we need a real multi-role fighter. The F18 and the F15E are very different, one knows how to do everything, the other is specialized. The F15 E is a very interesting device for DCS. The multi pit, to start. Conducting a mission aboard the strike eagle must be a great experience. I hope it will come out.

Please razbam do not give up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the E model Eagle actually comes out you might as well build your maps with your team having already taken the objectives lol.....

Lol literally the reason why we need some quality red fighters

Aren't a large portion of the front seat systems identical between the C and E, along with the most of general A-A functionality. Besides the obvious differences between the Main Panels, it seems reasonable that any info thats used for an ASM for one covers a whole lot of ground for the other.

The F-15C and E are radically different, but the F-15E is a bit redundant with the upcoming F-18C. The oft requested F-16C is the same way.

Remember everyone the Mudhen wont be anyone near us for a few years at least. Talking specifically about the F-18C and even F-16C, the -15E is really a true strike fighter, something we need to remind ourselves of. I believe the Strike Eagle almost has a similar role as the B-1B in current conflict running precision strike missions and sometimes CAS. So in terms of the Mudhen being redundant with the Bug coming out soon, I disagree due to different roles. Just look at the payload of a -15E vs -18C, or look at pictures of both planes in combat operations in the last 25 30 years, the -15E is a far superior as a strike fighter. Just my thoughts though. I completely agree with your opinion on the Viper though with the Bug coming out. Just think of a squadrons worth of cordinated Strike Eagle's at 25,000 lgb'ing every structure in a small reason easily, thats why I think the -15E needs a spot in the game.

Edited by frixon28

I'm sure it's a cool and interesting aircraft but come on Razbam grow some Cojones and take up a more challenging newer aircraft that has not been done before/ upgrade to current aircraft in DCS.

I respect you guys I really do, trust me it's not because I "like you," but because you all are not afraid or intimated by projects other's will leave behind because it seems too difficult to simulate in DCS or it might take too much time.

Save those projects for another developer, I know RAZBAM does a mighty fine job with their projects and constantly delivers on time; look at their team and the M-2000C! So once again my answer is NO, use those VALUABLE QUALITY RESOURCES and make a "newer" aircraft, not enough developers are making them. You guys will relentlessly deliver a quality product as always, so why not do it with a more modern jet, be it a fighter, ground, support... attacker? Sure time will be a factor, but imagine all the HYPE! Case and point LN''s F-14A&B or ED''S FA-18 to name a couple.

I want RAZBAM to make a more up to date jet because I know they will do it right and continue to support it like the M-2KC. Rather then let it dwindle off and seem dead like some other products from specific developers and/or ED (trying not to point anyone out, it's not classy lol)......................

Trying to get official licensing for the 15E will be very very difficult which is probably why it's lower on their priority list. Once they can get it and start coding I'm sure we will hear about it. But i like the direction they're going and their current selection lineup. No quams from me. The 15E will be a very different beast tho and I'd rather see a 15C full module come first from someone else.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Trying to get official licensing for the 15E will be very very difficult which is probably why it's lower on their priority list. Once they can get it and start coding I'm sure we will hear about it. But i like the direction they're going and their current selection lineup. No quams from me. The 15E will be a very different beast tho and I'd rather see a 15C full module come first from someone else.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah agreed, would like to see a full F-15C from BST or something.