Jester and single player RIO flip/flop

AvroLanc

For those of us who play mainly single player, how exactly does Jester handle player intervention in his 'territory'?

As the pilot/player I'm going to want to play around with the back seat functions and fiddle with radar options, tweak settings, change display options on the TID etc... So will those settings be maintained for me once I move back to the front seat or does Jester move them back to how 'he' wants them. I hope the former... However I can see that Jester may want to use his best judgement.

I'm more looking forward to being a RIO than the pilot, but how frustrating will this be in SP?

Very good point. Hope there's a switch Jester off mode for single players who want to fiddle with knobs n stuff

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I am guessing Jester doesn't change things unless you tell him too through the interface. Just a guess though.

Well I remember reading that Jester will have some intelligence in selecting radar modes etc and will use initiative. I’m concerned that we’ll setup the displays and modes etc, flip to and from the front seat and find everything rearranged.

There’s an option to make Jester less talkative (see manual), but no info on this function.

They are talking about single player. You can switch the seats as soon as you want in single player.

It's a good point actually: Imagine the RIO sets up his radar for a 4 bar 60deg 80 miles scan. Now, let's say I go back to the RIO position and change that to 40 miles, will the RIO stay with those settings for the rest of the flight and be blind 40+ miles out or will he change them again when the RWR picks something up, for example?

I thought you couldn't flip from back seat to front and back again in the plane. It was one or the other for the whole mission. Where did you see you can flip flop positions?

Heatblur said you can in single player.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

They are talking about single player. You can switch the seats as soon as you want in single player.

It's a good point actually: Imagine the RIO sets up his radar for a 4 bar 60deg 80 miles scan. Now, let's say I go back to the RIO position and change that to 40 miles, will the RIO stay with those settings for the rest of the flight and be blind 40+ miles out or will he change them again when the RWR picks something up, for example?

Yeah it's not really range scale and azimuth scan that I'm worried about, Jester can use initiative here, that's ok with me. And remember that the Jester radial menu we've seen has options for range and scan settings anyway.....

More importantly it's things like the desired radar mode etc. A read through of the manual shows how many options and settings the RIO has to play with.

What if I want to stay in PD Search mode or RWS, but the RIO thinks TWS AUTO is better?

What if I want to display Launch Zone symbols on the TID and jester doesn't?

I want to use the CAP panel to display certain data in the TID data readout, will jester overrule?

What if I need the TCS to be set in Narrow FOV, will jester reset it to WIDE anytime?

There's a lot to think about. Sure hope HB have a simple solution.

Yeah it's not really range scale and azimuth scan that I'm worried about, Jester can use initiative here, that's ok with me. And remember that the Jester radial menu we've seen has options for range and scan settings anyway.....

More importantly it's things like the desired radar mode etc. A read through of the manual shows how many options and settings the RIO has to play with.

What if I want to stay in PD Search mode or RWS, but the RIO thinks TWS AUTO is better?

What if I want to display Launch Zone symbols on the TID and jester doesn't?

I want to use the CAP panel to display certain data in the TID data readout, will jester overrule?

What if I need the TCS to be set in Narrow FOV, will jester reset it to WIDE anytime?

There's a lot to think about. Sure hope HB have a simple solution.

Currently Jester is TWS only as we're focusing more on making him function well before we add in the ability for him to use all radar modes later.

(Forgot to add that in the manual, will do so.)

Currently Jester is TWS only as we're focusing more on making him function well before we add in the ability for him to use all radar modes later.

(Forgot to add that in the manual, will do so.)

Ok, somewhat disappointing.

So does that mean he will always return to TWS when the player moves back to the front seat?

Does he have control over other settings at the moment?

Ok, somewhat disappointing.

So does that mean he will always return to TWS when the player moves back to the front seat?

Does he have control over other settings at the moment?

He will eventually switch back to TWS as that's the only radar mode he can currently use. The only other option is to disable him and do the backseat work yourself.

Unfortunately we do not have the resources to fully flesh Jester out at EA release but we will continue to add to him and our goal is to have all modes available, or at least most of them.

He will eventually switch back to TWS as that's the only radar mode he can currently use. The only other option is to disable him and do the backseat work yourself.

Unfortunately we do not have the resources to fully flesh Jester out at EA release but we will continue to add to him and our goal is to have all modes available, or at least most of them.

Ok, thanks. So as long as I can disable him that's fine for now.

So just to confirm right...the other radar modes are in and working, it's just that Jester can't use them?

Thanks for your input.