[REPORTED] CANNOT FIRE - Training mission "AIM-9L and M......" - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 07:07 AM   #1
SDsc0rch

Default [REPORTED] CANNOT FIRE - Training mission "AIM-9L and M......"

ran the training mission - can't seem to fire off a missile
i restarted target - ran the event tester - the HOTAS is generating the keystrokes
in the mission cannot fire from hotas or keyboard command (spacebar)
before the guy talks, i accidentally fired off a missile
so it seems like something happens before they guy starts talking - its like the fire command is suppressed
the game recognizes other keystrokes from the kybd/hotas - just not the FIRE MISSILE command (trigger)
recorded a quick video here - https://youtu.be/iKp073MWxGY
(( please excuse the in-the-moment comments - i was actually going to video the launching of the missile just for fun : ) like when real world pilots get GoPro shots - but it didnt' work and i kept the recording to show you guys ))

Old 12-06-2018, 04:13 PM   #2
NineLine
Community Manager

Ok, will try and see if I can reproduce.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-06-2018, 04:21 PM   #3
Vinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDsc0rch View Post
ran the training mission - can't seem to fire off a missile
i restarted target - ran the event tester - the HOTAS is generating the keystrokes
in the mission cannot fire from hotas or keyboard command (spacebar)
before the guy talks, i accidentally fired off a missile
so it seems like something happens before they guy starts talking - its like the fire command is suppressed
the game recognizes other keystrokes from the kybd/hotas - just not the FIRE MISSILE command (trigger)
recorded a quick video here - https://youtu.be/iKp073MWxGY
(( please excuse the in-the-moment comments - i was actually going to video the launching of the missile just for fun : ) like when real world pilots get GoPro shots - but it didnt' work and i kept the recording to show you guys ))
Same here. Cannot fire gun or weapons . Saitek x52 with programmed buttons using logitech programming. When out of training missions all fire buttons work fine. When in training lesson the throttle and stick axis works but not weapons buttons.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
schurem

huh. I went and tried to reproduce this error, but my winders came off the rails just perfectly. Of course I shot down both migs and that b0rked the mission. Perhaps the script should have called me out for being trigger happy and told me to ctrl-R lol.

Warthog stick. I think it's in how your stick is setup. Do you use an external utility to program the stick? Making it send [spacebar] when you pull the trigger? Perhaps it would be good to have it send [joystick button 1] instead...
Old 12-06-2018, 04:35 PM   #5
SDsc0rch

i use TM's TARGET software (as i described in my original post) - and while the HOTAS wasn't working, i picked up the physical keyboard (as i described in my original post) and hit the physical spacebar

repeatedly

i don't know what else i'm supposed to do.......

i got out of the sim, closed TARGET and restarted, got back in, FIRED ONE MISSILE (as i described in my original post) accidentally before the lesson (voiceover) actually started

its all in my original post

as i described it

originally

Old 12-06-2018, 05:01 PM   #6
NineLine
Community Manager

I was able to partial reproduce, the space bar wouldn't fire a missile, but the Trigger (button 1) on my Warthog fired it just fine. In instant action, it works fine. I am guessing something in training is blocking the spacebar, so I will report that. Thanks!
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-06-2018, 05:13 PM   #7
SDsc0rch

rgr that ---- yeah, that's what i was thinking too

Old 12-06-2018, 05:22 PM   #8
Vinni

Just ran the training lesson Aim9L/M got the same results as original post. Before the instructor starts talking I could fire a missle. Once the lesson is unpaused cannot fire with stick or spacebar. When in instant action "AAGun & Aim 9L/M Practice" Splash 3 bandits no problem all buttons working. Also in the training mission all other buttons work fine (flaps/gear/hook/throttle/all axis/ etc etc) just not able to fire. I use a Saitek X52 with Logitech programming software that loads a profile for the F18 that works fine in all aspects of the game except the new training lessons.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:33 PM   #9
SDsc0rch

yep

Old 12-08-2018, 04:41 PM   #10
tdyrsmid

Default The new training missions

Noob here. I see that on youtube there are a bunch of new training missions..but they aren't in-game yet. I thought they were supposed to be released to the sim on 12/5?
Closed Thread

Tags
aim-9, bug, sidewinder, training