Constructive feedback from a professional community - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 01:12 AM   #21
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOViper View Post
(I recently wanted to buy it as a present for a friend since we love to fly together in one pit).
Multi-crew is not supported in the Hawk, even if you could buy it. I'd recommend looking into the L-39 or holding on a little longer for the F-14.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:51 PM   #22
Satarosa

Thumbs up

Quote:
Maybe not the perfect place to place my statement here, but I have to.

I am sad about the fact that the HAWK doesn't get love anymore.
This DCS module is great (although there are some things that could be made better - 2 seater controls e.g.), and I would hate to miss the HAWK in DCS in the future.

My wish to ED / VEAO:
Please guys, sit together and find a solution which keeps the HAWK alive at least as is right now, and re-start selling it (I recently wanted to buy it as a present for a friend since we love to fly together in one pit).

Additionally, I wouldn't have anything against buying it for a second time to support the financial transition to a new "owner" (lets say $10 or so would be OK for me personally).
Everything else IMHO would be waste of much life time of so many persons, for which I can't find suitable words.

If I am honest, I am upset about this, really!
+1

Real War, Missions: web site coming soon..

Real War, communication voice: https://discord.gg/DmSMM68

Old 12-05-2018, 03:59 PM   #23
Sirius

I am not trying to instigate any hate on this matter, this is just my opinion on the whole topic. My whole belief on this matter is that VEAO was a 3rd party that had aspirations to make great full-pledged modules and did not meet up to the quota to which they were promising. From what seemed to be said from the announcement they made, it was implied that this was outside of their control.

Many here have bashed the developers in the heads, calling them thieves or unsuitable company workers. Others see this as a respectful move on their behalf due to misfortune. I personally do not see them as the con artist like men that many perceive them to be, and have always wished for them to strive and become better than they were before.

I perfectly understand the hate from the numerous amount of customers that was given because of paying money for a broken module. However, I would like to emphasize that as types of groups have noted, you always have the ability to wait to buy a product, especially one that is in Early Access. Until we hear any further from ED on this matter or a statement from VEAO, we have no exact definition of what happened behind the curtains ourselves.

Otherwise, I hope to hear more on this officially from the developers' standpoint themselves.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:31 AM   #24
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I am not trying to instigate any hate on this matter, this is just my opinion on the whole topic. My whole belief on this matter is that VEAO was a 3rd party that had aspirations to make great full-pledged modules and did not meet up to the quota to which they were promising. From what seemed to be said from the announcement they made, it was implied that this was outside of their control.

Many here have bashed the developers in the heads, calling them thieves or unsuitable company workers. Others see this as a respectful move on their behalf due to misfortune. I personally do not see them as the con artist like men that many perceive them to be, and have always wished for them to strive and become better than they were before.

I perfectly understand the hate from the numerous amount of customers that was given because of paying money for a broken module. However, I would like to emphasize that as types of groups have noted, you always have the ability to wait to buy a product, especially one that is in Early Access. Until we hear any further from ED on this matter or a statement from VEAO, we have no exact definition of what happened behind the curtains ourselves.

Otherwise, I hope to hear more on this officially from the developers' standpoint themselves.
I think like always the "truth" is somewhere in between. I am sure that VEAO had the best intentions and were excited to be developing for DCS... they just couldn't overcome the challenges (both technical and financial).

There is a reason there are so few devs for DCS compared to some other games out there... it is a niche product... and very complicated. So, I can forgive them for that portion, in the end they just had to throw in the towel as they couldn't carry on as a company.

Now, where they are at fault (and this is obviously an outsider looking in, I have no details) is pushing another product, the P40, out for preorder when they couldn't even finish the hawk. Maybe they figured a warbird would be easier for them but it may have been "too little too late" for lack of a better term. Maybe they thought if they got enough money from preorders they could survive long enough to get that module out, then it would sell decently? But I wonder if the lack of preorders due to their questionable reputation is what did them in before they could deliver on the P40.

Just my random thoughts on the matter. It sucks to lose a 3rd party dev since there are so few... DCS as a whole would be better off if VEAO was having success, but not everyone can make the cut.

~Moo
Old 12-07-2018, 11:51 PM   #25
Tyger

This thread isn;t even monitored by VEAO, so what is the point? Let 'em go...... leave 'em alone.....

Search for 'Speedy-Wings' on YouTube.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #26
TomCatMucDe

Quote:
This DCS module is great
What's great about it? Or maybe you mean the Hawk as a plane. Then it would be a matter of taste. But saying the DCS simulation of the Hawk by this dev is great is a misleading statement.

--Finest Soviet Mig-21 Pilots --

Old 12-08-2018, 05:00 PM   #27
TOViper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCatMucDe View Post
What's great about it? Or maybe you mean the Hawk as a plane. Then it would be a matter of taste. But saying the DCS simulation of the Hawk by this dev is great is a misleading statement.
I still think in this way that the module is great.
I flew the Hawk during the Mach Loop competition together with other guys two years ago (or so), and it this was pure fun and great enjoyment, for which I am grateful.

The handling qualities and the overall behaviour is what I like most. I cannot say anything about the translation of the real aircraft to the DCS module, this must be judged by a guy who has flown both. I really wished there had been more updates on the module, since there were a few things that I found missing.

But anyone can have his / her own opinion about the module, this is for sure!
If you think my statement is misleading, I can accept this easily

Last edited by TOViper; 12-08-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:11 AM   #28
Mr_Burns

Are ED still selling it?

My take on this was the VEAO used a different approach to the Hawk based on their history of other models, with DCS platform constantly changing, VEAO has to self fund numerous upgrades for no fault of their own.

The final straw was the wholesale move to V2.xx which meant an almost rewrite from VEAO.

I think at this point they parted company.

IMO if early access owners want to bitch at VEAO then get the whole story and not just pick the bits you want. As far as what you are ‘owed’ I think VEAO spent all their profits on ED products and patch after patch after patch due to the changes in DCS source code.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:22 AM   #29
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Burns View Post
Are ED still selling it?
You obviously have not been paying attention. Did you look at the web shop?

As for the other dribble in your post. Every other 3rd party dev group has experience the same transition to v2.x and they seem to have survived.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
Old 12-09-2018, 01:33 PM   #30
Sirius

Quote:
I still think in this way that the module is great.
I flew the Hawk during the Mach Loop competition together with other guys two years ago (or so), and it this was pure fun and great enjoyment, for which I am grateful.

The handling qualities and the overall behaviour is what I like most. I cannot say anything about the translation of the real aircraft to the DCS module, this must be judged by a guy who has flown both. I really wished there had been more updates on the module, since there were a few things that I found missing.

But anyone can have his / her own opinion about the module, this is for sure!
If you think my statement is misleading, I can accept this easily
Yes! I am a fan of it just because I can fly it around when I want to do a calm flight, something with a bit more speed than a slow L-39 when doing civilian/aerobatic like flight in DCS.
Closed Thread