Steam?

I was excited because I actually have both the MiG-15 and F-86, but Just checked on steam and don't see this campaign, are us steam users just SOL?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Would it be an option to just put your steam codes on an account on the website and just switch over?

That way you get a lot of stuff much sooner :)

so before i knew there was a separate way to get the game, i bought all sorts of modules on steam and have been using that (as i do all my PC games). then i saw NTTR came out and had to get that one separately, which means i now have 2 different instances of the game installed. i've been trying to avoid creating 3 separate instances just go get these campaigns (including the P-51 High Stakes).

so wanted to see if this would eventually come onto steam? i feel like i am indeed delaying in inevitable, but i can't be the only one who has most of the stuff through steam...

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Step 1. Install DCS World 1.5 from ED's site. All your control profiles and modules should transfer automatically.

Step 2. Delete Steam installation

Step 3. Enjoy!

i wish it were that simple! i have heaps of mods and skins. and if you manually install mods, you know that their files are spread out all over the place in dozens of different folders. it would be near impossible to locate them and transfer each one. what will have to happen is each one will need to be downloaded again and manually installed in the new instance. recreating all of this will be really time consuming, and by the time i get home from work i just want to relax and fly.

TL;DR it'd be nice to just pay for and download the campaign from steam like most of the other modules. however still haven't gotten an answer as to if this will ever happen or not? i'm patient

I'm pretty sure the product keys are no longer allowed to be used between Steam and the ED website. Steam keys only work for Steam, etc.

So for now, yes I would say you are SOL...but I'd be willing to bet it will show up on Steam eventually.

...now if we can just get the campaign without having to own both modules...:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

29 October 2009

CGNR-1705 / USMC Cobra

Semper Memoria, Semper Vigilens

I'm pretty sure the product keys are no longer allowed to be used between Steam and the ED website. Steam keys only work for Steam, etc.

So for now, yes I would say you are SOL...but I'd be willing to bet it will show up on Steam eventually.

...now if we can just get the campaign without having to own both modules...:doh:

many thanks for the heads up! i did not know that

That is incorrect. Steam keys work with both steam and the standalone version. Its the stand alone keys purchased from the website you can not activate on steam.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TL;DR it'd be nice to just pay for and download the campaign from steam like most of the other modules. however still haven't gotten an answer as to if this will ever happen or not? i'm patient

It will happen. Everything will come to steam eventually, but with a delay which can be pretty big as you can see with Nevada or the M2000. I wouldn't want to wait that long every time, which is why I stay away from the Steam version.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

@dre yeah I understand...but don't you have to replace a lot of your modded content every update anyway?

It's a PITA getting everything set back up the first time but it'll make life so much easier in the long run. If you'd rather wait the weeks/months for modules to release on Steam that's your prerogative of course, your time is your time. :)

As an alternative to manually installing mods, JSGME is super easy to use. Most modders release versions that are JSGME ready, and will make life a lot easier with respect to shuffling mods around when the game updates.

so before i knew there was a separate way to get the game, i bought all sorts of modules on steam and have been using that (as i do all my PC games). then i saw NTTR came out and had to get that one separately, which means i now have 2 different instances of the game installed. i've been trying to avoid creating 3 separate instances just go get these campaigns (including the P-51 High Stakes).

so wanted to see if this would eventually come onto steam? i feel like i am indeed delaying in inevitable, but i can't be the only one who has most of the stuff through steam...

The main problem actually has the Key policy by Steam about external keys...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=125452

7 June 2014

Dear all,

We learned from Valve/Steam that they will be unable to continue merging DCS keys purchased outside of the Steam Store. As such and as of today, please note that any keys purchased outside of the Steam Store can no longer be used to activate DCS products on Steam.

We will be working with Steam to merge all keys purchased prior to today. We can make no promises as to when or if this will happen though… that is out of our hands.

Please note though that keys purchased on the Steam store will work on DCS World downloaded from the DCS Store.

Thanks

That is incorrect. Steam keys work with both steam and the standalone version. Its the stand alone keys purchased from the website you can not activate on steam.

OH, ok didn't realize that.

...sorry for putting out bad info!:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

29 October 2009

CGNR-1705 / USMC Cobra

Semper Memoria, Semper Vigilens

@dre yeah I understand...but don't you have to replace a lot of your modded content every update anyway?

It's a PITA getting everything set back up the first time but it'll make life so much easier in the long run. If you'd rather wait the weeks/months for modules to release on Steam that's your prerogative of course, your time is your time. :)

As an alternative to manually installing mods, JSGME is super easy to use. Most modders release versions that are JSGME ready, and will make life a lot easier with respect to shuffling mods around when the game updates.

i caved and have begun the transition away from steam :)

it's going to take a while but i'll do it bit by bit when i have some extra time to kill. you're right it'll be better in the long run. and now i can get the new campaigns! :pilotfly: