[REPORTED]What happens to CDU divert page in 2.5???

nessuno0505

If I choose a caucasus airport it gives me no more infos like in 1.5.8: no ATC frequency or a totally wrong frequency: 4.500 for example... this is not a VHF AM frequency! Cannot contact tower just like in 1.5.8. Is this a bug or something has changed? In my case I chose Gudata. From charts I see Gudata ATC is 130.000 FM, but divert page tells me something like 4.500! What does this mean, and why?

Edited by nessuno0505

4.500 MHz is the HF/FM frequency of the Gudauta tower — you can use your FM radio to contact them. The 130.000 number is for using your VHF/AM radio.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Its already reported. Each airbase has 4 tower frequencies so assorted aircraft can contact the tower. For one reason or another the divert page is loading the wrong tower frequency. You can click on the base in F10 map and it will give the working frequencies.

This bug also occurs if using easy radio.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

If I choose a caucasus airport it gives me no more infos like in 1.5.8: no ATC frequency or a totally wrong frequency: 4.500 for example...

Good spot!

As I recall it, this frequency band was introduced for the WWII aircraft, but the A-10C's CDU shouldn't display it, it should stick to the VHF AM freqs or maybe the UHF ones.

In any case, if you don't disallow the F10 map in your missions, you could always click on the airport in question on the F10 map; there you'll find freqs for different radios including VHF AM, VHF FM and UHF until this CDU glitch gets fixed.

4.500 MHz is the HF/FM frequency of the Gudauta tower — you can use your FM radio to contact them. The 130.000 number is for using your VHF/AM radio.

Could you give some pointers how to tune this in the A-10C? When I just tried it, the VHF FM wouldn't go below "3" as the first digit, and with AB.CDE (A ranging from 3 to 15) I wouldn't know how to tune in something like 04.500.

Edit: Aaaaand massively sniped ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any news about this? It's still happening!

Just looked at the Divert page showing Kutaisi, Senaki-Kolkhi, Kobuleti and Batumi. It does not show any frequency. Just range, bearing and time-to-go

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Just looked at the Divert page showing Kutaisi, Senaki-Kolkhi, Kobuleti and Batumi. It does not show any frequency. Just range, bearing and time-to-go

It seems they have corrected the problem by removing the frequency informations !

:huh:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

All airfield information is easily found in the kneeboards. Find the divert field via CDU, pull up the kneeboard and tune freq. All other information is there, tacan, ILS, etc, etc, etc. While it might not be updated in the CDU as of yet, the information is available.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, just tested on one of the A-10C instant action missions.891703cc7c9c03f1f39f507f6e8d20fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

• 3 weeks later...
All airfield information is easily found in the kneeboards. Find the divert field via CDU, pull up the kneeboard and tune freq. All other information is there, tacan, ILS, etc, etc, etc. While it might not be updated in the CDU as of yet, the information is available.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

That's not the point. I don't think this will ever be fixed until the "new" A10C will be released (and maybe after that it'won't be fixed anyways).

• 4 months later...

Divert page and hydraulic bleed-off

so, I just upgraded from the first a10c to the new one. I've noticed 2 things that have been forgotten, or at least I think so.

The first one: The divert page still doesn't show ATC frequencies. Is this how it's supossed to be or does it need to be fixed?

The second one: In the old A10C, if I remember correctly, when you shut down your engines the hydraulic pressure drops. This should mean that it will become harder to move your flight control surfaces; there used to be a delay between your joystick input and the movement of the ailerons, and now its gone. Has this been done on purpose or does this need to be fixed?

I really love the new tank killer though.

No further tasking available, thanks for the support!

The second one: In the old A10C, if I remember correctly, when you shut down your engines the hydraulic pressure drops. This should mean that it will become harder to move your flight control surfaces; there used to be a delay between your joystick input and the movement of the ailerons, and now its gone.!

I also observed that flight control surfaces will continue to move after the aircraft has been shutdown, like they do when the aircraft is running an utilizing hydraulics. Wasn't sure if this was the secondary flight control (cable) doing this, or if the hydraulic system isn't being impacted with the aircraft being powered down.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

yeah the frequency problem on the divert page has been around also for a couple of years... would be nice to have this fixed

[REPORTED]What happens to CDU divert page in 2.5???

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

After a few hours of messing around with it, it seems to boil down to:

- imporoved / fixed the stall and "riding the tone" behavior

- HMCS and updated HOTAS functions

- APKWS

Most of the old bugs are still there untouched:

- engine ITT being off

- windmilling

- divert page freqs.

- possibly too high drag from stores

- Hud barely visible on a light background

It is what it is: a 10$ upgrade.

ED knows most of us already had the A-10C 1, so apart from a few newcomers, they probably didn't and won't spend more time on this than what those $10 are worth.

I doubt we'll see further fixes, if they wanted to they would have fixed those long standing bugs already.

The reason they fixed the AoA issue is because of the massive community outcry before release. Had there been similar attention for the other bugs, we might have seen a few more fixes.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• 1 year later...