[CAN NOT REPRODUCE]Autostart Option?

surfcandy

What is up with the autostart option? I am learning the A-10C and sometimes I want to autostart a mission. I've read about the autostart issue that has been around for a long time. Is it fixed did I miss something or is it still broken? I will eventually learn the manual start up but for now want the autostart until I get more experience.

While I have never used autostart and couldn't comment on if it has any problems: go start with the manual startup. It is fun and doesn't take a whole lot longer than the INS needs to align.

In case you want to train something specific: just set up a hot start bird.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

What is up with the autostart option? I am learning the A-10C and sometimes I want to autostart a mission. I've read about the autostart issue that has been around for a long time. Is it fixed did I miss something or is it still broken? I will eventually learn the manual start up but for now want the autostart until I get more experience.

Can you be specific? I use autostart all the time and although havent flown a10c in a while I haven’t experienced any issues with autostart.

• ED Team

Hi

Please attach a short track replay showing this, I can not reproduce myself. all seems fine.

Please ensure your throttles are set closed before the autostart as sometimes this can create problems

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Works fine for me, I've been playing DLC campaign (Op Piercing Fury) with Autostart and have had no issues.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

To begin with I doubt it makes a difference but I am in Beta

The "autostart" attemtps that were unsuccessful for me were in "Instant Missions" "Cold and Dark" in the Caucasus, Nevada, and Persian Gulf maps.

I tried the "autostart" feature in "Piercing Fury" and autostart was successful.

Will test more missions tomorrow.

Tried, functions correctly.

I had issues occasionally with the AUTOSTART when I left the keybind to the default mapping. After changing it to RCTL+UPARROW, haven't had any issues at all.

Seems some keyboards struggle with things when they have left and right windows buttons as well.

Might give that a try. As others have stated, manual startup is rewarding, and you can actually accomplish it quicker than the autostart when you learn the use of the ALT ALIGN and then FAST ALIGN options within the CDU - but for starting out, it certainly is easier to use the autostart function.

Hope something in there works for you. Either way, let us know.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

[CAN NOT REPRODUCE]Autostart Option?

I did autostart in Cold and Dark Caucasus instant action. No issue, default mapping.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

• ED Team
Is working now I have not done anything different than before.

As long as it is working now all is good :thumbup:

Enjoy :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2