Big changes to flight model in las time few months

imacken

Been away from the Spit for a few months due to taking up some other modules, and I can’t believe the major changes to the FM.

It is now so easy to go into spins, much lighter to move in turns, and very easy to brake the wings off in a dive!

When is this module going to move out of beta? I mean it’s been about 15 months now, I think.

PS. Don’t know what happened with the title, but I can’t change it!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Maybe because the changes have been gradual, and if you have been using the module regularly, you wouldn’t notice. Not sure, but I’ve been away from it for some months, so I noticed quite a difference.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

With the greatest respect imacken, I'd check your control curve responses to see if anything got altered in any of the recent updates, because I've not detected any of the major revisions you suggest.

You may be correct; maybe a series gradual tweaks have gone unnoticed but the fact is that I fly the Spit to the same numbers now as I did back when I made my Takeoff and Landing instructional video; I have no more or less difficulty in keeping the wings on (I haven't lost a wing to overstressing for nigh on a year) and as a gunnery platform, or at the ege of her flight envelope I see no alterations as dramatic as your post alludes to.

They sound very much like someones whose elevator curves got reset to 1:1. Worth a check mate.

I'm really just talking about combat and when the aircraft is stressed. Takeoff and landing feel the same.

I think I had only broken a wing once ir twice ever previously, and that is why I felt that something had changed as it happened to me 2 or 3 times in a dgofight session yesterday!

I'm really just talking about combat and when the aircraft is stressed. Takeoff and landing feel the same.

I think I had only broken a wing once ir twice ever previously, and that is why I felt that something had changed as it happened to me 2 or 3 times in a dgofight session yesterday!

Confirmed here too.

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I dunno, in the other, late December thread, Yo-Yo noted no recent changes were made to the Spit's FM:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3332457&postcount=47

Haven't noticed anything clearly different either, but I admit I don't do combat flying in DCS nowadays. As for the wings, should be easy to get a ballpark comparison with 1.5.8 using F2 camera G-meter plus time deceleration - if the plane still snaps them between ~10G (max weight) up to ~13G (min weight), then it hasn't changed. Keep in mind that every manoeuvre close to structural limit lowers the G treshold.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

To be honest, for a product still in beta, one would expect there to be changes over 6 months!

Otherwise, what are the devs doing? Why is it taking so long for this module to come out of beta?

• Like 1

Otherwise, what are the devs doing?

Ummm... for example this, this and this, respectively:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3371822&postcount=1

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3384760&postcount=2

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3389401&postcount=3

So they're not exactly sitting on their bums and playing gin rummy, are they?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Ummm... for example this, this and this, respectively:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3371822&postcount=1

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3384760&postcount=2

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3389401&postcount=3

So they're not exactly sitting on their bums and playing gin rummy, are they?

You’re taking my comment totally out of context. I never suggested they were sitting on their bums doing nothing. I was literally saying that one would expect that there have been changes over 6 months as the devs would be working hard on improving the Spit.

They are busy on lots of projects, but that shouldn’t mean abandoning paid-for products that are still in beta.

(To save any confusion, I’m not saying that’s what they are doing!)

Well, those Spit droptanks and bombs appeared in the objects database, so something's cooking up, but I agree managing multiple projects has never been strong point of ED. I can bet 1CGS will most likely release the whole BoK and BoBP before we get the rest of advertised Normandy content here.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I might agree with you, but I don’t know what BoK or BoBP are!

Ah ok. Don’t know anything about Il 2!