Landed with 100lbs of fuel. Plane shuts off. Can't turn it on

flagg

Thanks for putting this up. Was going to report today as well. Here are 2 tracks with some extensive testing I made after encountering this issue.

Landed and taxi'd off with 80lbs left, then in the process of refueling the eniges stalled and I couldn't put them up again. APU ACCM warning, several hydraulics messages coming up as well (and with HYD 2A showing up you can't start the APU again AFAIK) as well as all the hyd pressures down in the drink. So I decided to give it a try and burnt up my little amount of fuel while being hooked up on the flight deck and could nicely reproduce this.

What I did not try and probably would work (stumbled across this yesterday reading these forums) is calling for ground air supply and firing up the engines with that instead of using the APU. That way the APU ACCUM should recharge due to WOW and the hydraulics should come up as well.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

already tried with air supply in that track but it doesn't fire up. maybe not implemented?

Compressed air start is modeled and should start the starboard engine under normal circumstances. Left engine can only be started using cross-bleed air, at least in DCS Hornet.

There is another thread discussing engine start failure following fuel starvation.

Edited by Jack McCoy

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.