2.5.6 Instrument lighting and Pitot Heating Light bugs

LeCuvier

1. The instrument lighting has no effect at all in conditions with poor daylight. In 2.5.5 you could turn the knob and the instrument scales became significantly brighter. In 2.5.6 you can still turn the knob but everything stays dark. Only in night conditions can you see a slight increase in brightness.

2. The light that indicates "Pitot Heating On" does not work any more.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• ED Team

Hi

can you attach a short track showing the issues, I just checked and it seems ok for me.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Here is the track. I switch the CB's for "Gerätebrettbeleuchtung" and "Pitotheizung" to ON, and then turn the knob for instrument lighting fully up and down. The instrument lighting does not show any life and the Pitot Tube light does not light.

FW-190A8_Instr-Light_Pitot-Light.trk

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

Instrument/cabin lighting weak, Pitot Heat light not working at all

I need to get back to this subject.

1. I ran a mission starting in the dawn (or dusk) and I saw that there i in fact some lighting which is sufficient in these conditions and in total dark. However, there are situations in normal daylight where the instrument board is in the shadow and I really need some light. In that situation the weak lighting is not effective at all.

2. The indicator light for Pitot Heating still does not work at all.

In the early life of this module both of these functions worked fine.

LeCuvier

@BIGNEWY: I have resolved the dark cockpit problem by changing the value for shadows in Options / System to OFF. I now have beautiful contrast-rich cockpits not only in the Anton but also all other aircraft I tested. The shadows effect, even set to Low, was a real fun killer for me.

LeCuvier

• ED Team

The lighting seems ok for me when I test, in your track it is quite bright light outside the cockpit.

If I test in low light all seems ok for me.

attached to screenshots with knob turned all the way up and down.

thanks

Screen_200316_131724.thumb.jpg.e8c8814f26732a8c8046390dc6904482.jpg

Screen_200316_131720.thumb.jpg.368a263c7f067b12c0d218149e0bc5a8.jpg

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As I wrote in post #4, the lighting and its adjustment worked fine when there was little or no daylight. But with full daylight, the shadows made everything dark and the lighting had no effect. Anyway, with "Shadows" off everything is fine for me, on all modules.

LeCuvier

The pitot heat light is still not working correctly.

AKA Venturi

"You can tell a bomber pilot by the spread across his rear, and by the ring around his eye, you can tell a bombadier; You can tell a navigator by his maps and charts and such, and you can tell a fighter pilot - but you can't tell him much!" -523 TFS Fighter Pilots Song Book

@BIGNEWY: the bug with the pitot heating light has never been acknowledged. It's real and it has been there since I originally reported it. I would at least expect you to mark it as "REPORTED" so we know it's in the to-do list!

LeCuvier

• 4 weeks later...

Instrument lighting benchmark 2.5.5 vs 2.5.6

I have used the same take-off mission in 2.5.5 Stable and 2.5.6 OB and recorded a video for each. It shows the the knob for instrument lighting rotating up CW and CCW.

The video for the stable version shows the instruments lighting up and down twice as the knob rotates.

The video for OB shows no brightness change at all.

This mission has mitigated daylight like under a cloudy sky.

I know that after sunset and during the night the instrument lighting becomes visible. But we must have visibility under a cloudy sky as well.

I do not accept that this issue is simply ignored.

PS: The Dora has exactly the same issue.

Anton 2.5.5 2020-04-18.mp4.zip

Anton 2.5.6.OB2020-04-18.mp4.zip

LeCuvier

I do not accept that this issue is simply ignored.

Unfortunately atm, every issue concering the Anton is ignored.

I dont think they have capacity, to work on it atm. You can see this when a thread in the Anton bugforum concering general performance is getting immediate attention, while everything else is ignored. Well, general performance is something being worked on anyways, so they just act as if they cared for Anton, but in reality they dont.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

I have with software development teams though much of my career and I understand the constraints they are under. And I do not demand that this be fixed with high priority. But I would expect them to acknowledge the issue and put it on their to-do list. That's a basic of software quality management, and basic politeness.

LeCuvier

I have with software development teams though much of my career and I understand the constraints they are under. And I do not demand that this be fixed with high priority. But I would expect them to acknowledge the issue and put it on their to-do list. That's a basic of software quality management, and basic politeness.

I have the same background and the same opinion. :)

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...