can a control command respond to 2 different key commands?

No, when you map the 2nd binding, the first gets eliminated. What would be the benefit of having two keys for the same thing?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

VKB missile flip up/down switch is a axis, not one button. But it has a button to detect when it is up/down. Likely virtual one.

It is a great for Master Arm or a A/A mode, or in KA-50 as Cannon selector.

But there would be times when it would be nice as two functions as one.

Flip Up = Navigation + Master Arm Off

Flip Down = A/A + Master Arm On

Or

Flip Up = Mode 1 + Master Arm Off

Flip Down = Mode 2 + Master Arm On

Now you could make different modes to all buttons when using modes, but not losing master arm as it would be your combat mode.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Using mapping Logitech software I create a 'New Advanced Command' it works well. I have all my lights come on with 1 press and I can control the lighting on each.

Getting back to:

'you can make 2 different inputs perform the same action...'

How do you do this?

Edited by fitness88

Yes it can.

You can definitely use two inputs for the same command. I use this for example in the Bf-109, for the command "Mk108 or Rockets fire". I have bound this command to the "Weapon Release" button and the "Gun Trigger 2nd Stage". This allows me to fire the Mk108 alone using the Weapon Release button, or to fire both MG131 and Mk108 by pulling the trigger all the way.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

can a control command respond to 2 different key commands?

If you use a 3rd party app like joystick gremlin then you can

I’ve got a button that does one thing in DCS, but the virtual button does something else, and a long press does something else

So 3 commands possible with one button

So the button is a modifier for DCS, also a button in joystick gremlin that works as a “finger lift” for the throttle in some aircraft, and when held down becomes the first stage of a 2 stage trigger

You can definitely use two inputs for the same command. I use this for example in the Bf-109, for the command "Mk108 or Rockets fire". I have bound this command to the "Weapon Release" button and the "Gun Trigger 2nd Stage". This allows me to fire the Mk108 alone using the Weapon Release button, or to fire both MG131 and Mk108 by pulling the trigger all the way.

I was referring to the opposite. Using Logitech software I want to have 2 different mapped keyboard commands activate the same action in DCS.

I was referring to the opposite. Using Logitech software I want to have 2 different mapped keyboard commands activate the same action in DCS.

So what you want is (for example) to use "d" and "e" to both activate the same command in DCS (i.e. "gear down"? That's pretty simple, just bind both d and e to the "gear down" command in DCS.

OR are you trying to have "d" activate 2 commands in DCS (i.e. "gear down" and "flaps down" just by pressing "d") then you'll have to do some more complex programing in the Logitech software.

From the posts so far in this thread it's not really clear which you're after