Resetting launch crew

fmedges

I believe there's a Request Launch command for the ground crew.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

yes, not working in my case... Can't see "launch on cat xxx" on the top of screen. just able to do it without any indication

Yeah i also sont see that. But when you land and die GroundCrew is still on the secure area, you can request launch and they go back to there launch positions.

They removed the text. It was not needed since you can taxi to any cat.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I had them standing around too..... till i went to the ground crew menu and hit the "Request Launch" then they moved into position to line me up for takeoff.

... but doing nothing in this position - no signals to the pilot and no hook-connection!

Kind regards

Hans Dieter

System: Win 11 Prof, 64 Bit, AMD 4350 Quad-Core, Gigabyte-Board 970A-UD3P, 16 GB-RAM; ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB - Nvidia Geforce

ground crew - request launch

Then taxi vs a CAT.

Stop before the JBD and in few seconds the cat crew should recognize you.

Sometimes they need also that you taxi a little bit forward or go around and begin again

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

When I approach the catapult after landing, the crew does nothing, the "Request Launch" button does not always work. When I am reborn in a new aircraft that is already on the catapult, the service does nothing too, pressing "Request Launch" usually does not help. I had to go out and re-enter the server for everything to work. I play MP, so maybe that's the reason for the problems.

I had no issues after i landed and stopped. Requested launch and taxied to cat 2. Didn't need to stop but i taxy like Mary Poppins, guy must have been wanting his dinner because he was was waving at me already.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

Maybe its about how you land?

Sometimes when i do a normal pass the crew go back to the launch positions. But when i got a waveoff but still catch a wire or catch a wire while "bolter" is triggert, the carrier still is in recovery mode.

I am having the same issue. I land and taxi back to a bow cat. I request launch but the crew doesn't move. I taxi over the cat and press "u", the old way of hooking up, and nothing happpens. What is the right sequence to do CQ - multiple shots and traps?

Sometimes it seems you have to circle and reapproach the lowered JBD then "request launch" and the guys wake up.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I’ve found that although I press “request Launch” after a successful landing the crew all run back to there launch positions but will not guide me back to the cat?...Any ideas on that?

I guess you have to pass the sweet spot for them to start "working".

If i land, unhook and then look at the crew at Cat 2 and 1, they are there but not on their position to do their job for you to take-off.

Then i issue an "Request Launch" via the GroundCrew menu and they move to the their start position for launch (both Cat 1 en 2 crews).

If i then taxi (on my own, ATC is a sleep these days) past Cat 2, one of the yellow shirts starts waving to guide me onto his catapult.

But i'm not interrested in CAT 2 but want to go to CAT 1 so i taxi by CAT 2 towards CAT 1 and when almost there, one of the yellow shirts guides me on his catapult.

Although i must says that their guidance is not always that accurate. But they do work.

Edited by Lange_666
Damn extra lines after a return.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I’ve found that although I press “request Launch” after a successful landing the crew all run back to there launch positions but will not guide me back to the cat?...Any ideas on that?

If you use a self made mission remove all static objects from the JBD-area around about 20 meters.

See here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=274004&page=2

Remark: CAT 3 + 4 also works perfect. I checked this in one of my builded missions yesterday night. So no restraint to CAT 1 + 2 as some poeple proclaim!!

Edited by Simpit

Kind regards

Hans Dieter

System: Win 11 Prof, 64 Bit, AMD 4350 Quad-Core, Gigabyte-Board 970A-UD3P, 16 GB-RAM; ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB - Nvidia Geforce

This is fairly straight forward. After Landing, Request Launch from the Ground crew menu and ensure the deck move to their launch configurations. Approach the JBD behind the cat slowly and at least vaguely aiming at it and the director will acknowledge.

If for any reason you've had mixed flights trying to land and take off at the same time or out of sequence spawning or done something unusual you wouldnt consider normal behaviour, you may have broken the cat, so try another one. Else provide the trackfile and sumbit to the bugs section for looking at.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

When I am reborn into a catapult, the crew does nothing, I can't connect to ATC.

If you spawn on the catapult, you are already hooked up. You just need to use the “Salute” command and away you go.

For those that land and taxi to take back off, choose “Request Launch” from the Ground Crew (not ATC) menu and the little guys spring to life. Pull up to a JBD and they’ll get you going.