DCS Carrier Discussion - Page 269 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-29-2020, 04:34 PM   #2681
Eagle7907

Default DCS Carrier Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda967 View Post
This has been asked quite a few times in this forum.

There is guidance on page 78 of the manual.

In short, when you build a mission, you need to add aircraft to the carrier IN PARKING SPOT ORDER. Alternatively, you can set all the aircraft to LATE ACTIVATION and spawn them in by triggers one second apart in parking spot order.

And I will keep asking it, because you didn’t answer the question.

I get what ED is asking me to do, but that still doesn’t work as effectively as a user being able to individually pick where whose vehicle spawns at a specific spawn point unless they intend to improve the AI taxi behavior. If the option was given, it would eliminate the need for us to use static objects to force spawn points closed. It isn’t logical to have this be the status quo in the current state unless they eliminate crash detection with statics. I don’t understand why everyone is okay with this.

We have numerous airfields with numerous spawn points that includes hangars, pads, and yes I know “a different animal”. But a carrier we have no spawn point selection. Again, makes no sense as to the reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Last edited by Eagle7907; 05-29-2020 at 04:39 PM.
Eagle7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 04:57 PM   #2682
Yoda967

I get that you'd like to be able to pick the parking spot with a drop down menu like you can with an airfield ashore. It's a fair request, I think, and yes, I'd like that, too.

It's early access, though, and it's not what we have. Personally, I think what we have is a PITA, but it's what is right now.

I spent the first four days with the SC trying to identify how the AI behaves on the flight deck. How to put a specific plane in a specific spot, when it will taxi, and which catapult it will go to. It was a lot of frigging work.

One of the surprises (for me, anyway) was that no matter which deck spot I spawned the player jet, no "uncontrolled" AI plane would move until the player did, which was pretty handy for mission design.

After this latest update, "uncontrolled" AI planes taxi shortly after they've started, and the default taxi order is different. During one test run, my wingman taxied before I did...that's never happened before, on the boat or ashore.

So in addition to being able to more easily control where I put the aircraft, I'd like to have a way to designate the catapult they taxi to and the order in which they launch without having to run the mission fifteen times to make sure the launch sequence is going to work.
Yoda967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 05:02 PM   #2683
WytchCrypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda967 View Post
I get that you'd like to be able to pick the parking spot with a drop down menu like you can with an airfield ashore. It's a fair request, I think, and yes, I'd like that, too.

I read about a mod yesterday in the SC forum that might do exactly that

Have a look at this thread about half way down the first page:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=275082

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...t&set_filter=Y
WytchCrypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:18 PM   #2684
Eagle7907

Quote:
Originally Posted by WytchCrypt View Post
I read about a mod yesterday in the SC forum that might do exactly that

Have a look at this thread about half way down the first page:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=275082

Actually, it’s not. That is just applying statics to the deck for looks. We are asking for the ability to choose what AI planes spawn where in missions which would reduce the need for such sorcery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer
Eagle7907 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aircraft carrier, dcs 2.5, early access, parking, supercarrier