parking Spots

joojoo

Hi to all

I realised that in ME you cannot choose a parking spot but its rather random, what if we place a little life in the deck and place other static aircrafts? I also noticed that in personnel we cannot add greenshirts or so as static..

Thanx

They do seem to be very random and they're currently causing me some problems. It seems that placement in the mission editor is what matters the most here. I'm going to check if delaying the activation of some units will help.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

We need the ability to choose parking/startup spots, because I always start on the 6-pack and that blocks AI taxiing to the cats, especially when doing a cold start.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

You can disable six pack starts by placing static objects in that position, say either some ground crew or a couple aircraft. Then set you spawn time a seconaftermission starts. And a second later again, use a trigger to delete the static objects.

I knew about placing the statics, but good idea about the triggers to delete them. I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Takes a bit of work, but you can control that spawn location of all 16 aircraft this way, at least in SP. Place statuc aircraft on all 16 spots, and continue to delete a couple, and then spawn a couple, a 1 second intervals. Sixpack can only be used at mission start though.

We need the ability to choose parking/startup spots, because I always start on the 6-pack and that blocks AI taxiing to the cats, especially when doing a cold start.

If your mission is just you as player, set player to start one second after after the AI'S and you will not span in the six pack blocking AI taxing to cat.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

I see "Static Activate" action for triggers, but how do you remove/deactivate a static object?

If your mission is just you as player, set player to start one second after after the AI'S and you will not span in the six pack blocking AI taxing to cat.

Great idea, thank you. Using this technique I don't even have to place statics. I start on elevator one. But I still want to know how to remove statics with a trigger.

Edited by pimp