How do we actually FIRE the laser from TPOD.

DmitriKozlowsky

Training myself with TPOD and MavE, LGB. Instructions , for the most part, OK. Except! HOW IS THE LASER FIRED? Laser MARK is not laser spot. In AV-8B there is clear FIRE LASER. But not in F/A-18C Litening screen.?

So going through Muspike Hornet guide.

https://www.mudspike.com/wp-content/uploads/guides/DCS%20FA-18C%20Hornet%20Guide.pdf

It tells how to find targets, MARK them. But not how to FIRE the laser.

Enabled TRIGGER OSB, then tried firing laser with gun trigger #1 btn.

Laser is ARMED. Target is in crosshairs. MavE is uncaged , IN RNG, Master Arm ON., code is set (1688), TRNG mode os OFF, but MavE is X out because laser is not firing.

There is big and getting bigger problem with DCS overall regarding LiteningII pod. It is implemented , differently in different modules, and it is confusing, and aggravating.

ED , not counting 2rd party, has three own modules, using LiteningII. A-10C, F-16C, and F/A-18C. In every one, it is implemented differently, and its use is somewhat confounding in Hornet.

Edited by DmitriKozlowsky

LTD/R switch to arm, AG mode, Box TRIG on FLIR page, Pull the trigger. currently we have latching mode so you do not have to hold the trigger but you do have to pull the trigger again after impact to turn laser off. while the laser is firing you will get LTD/R top center of the flir page, when not firing L ARM will be displayed instead.

Pretty sure you need to squeeze trigger to 2nd detent to fire laser. LTD/R should be displayed at the top of the FLIR page if its firing correctly.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Quick note. When dropping LGBs, its best to fire the laser after pickling the bomb. Ive had instances where the LGB will not track if the laser is on before dropping

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

Have you guys had a missed bombing run from lasing early? I've lased as soon as a bomb is released and haven't had a miss yet, at least in relatively normal weather. I'm also not doing an LGB lwer than 10K ft.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Have you guys had a missed bombing run from lasing early? I've lased as soon as a bomb is released and haven't had a miss yet, at least in relatively normal weather. I'm also not doing an LGB lwer than 10K ft.

Depending on how high and how far away you drop it, you could miss. The bomb seeker is trying to "fly" the bomb to the impact point. The more it maneuvers the more energy it bleeds, and it risks falling short if it doesn't have enough altitude/energy left to get to the laser spot.

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

It fires on whatever you have mapped. If that’s the second detent for you then so be it, but that’s not correct in every user’s case.
Absolutely, whatever button you have mapped for "Second Detent". Apologies for assuming they would know that I was referring to said binding.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

I think I have it sorted. It is still a bit confounding, as to actual presses, when to press, what to press, and for how long. It is is anything but intuitive.

My issue is that in three of ED's own module , use of LiteningII is different in each one. Add RAZBAM's implementation of it in AV-8B/NA and its like we have four different pods.

I cant say what RAZBAM will do for F-15E module. RW F-15E uses SniperXR, and even older Sniper is classified. LiteningII should work with RW F-15E, so maybe RAZBAM will go that route, and if they do, that usage would be different.

I need to verify, I believe that LiteningII is used on Reserve aircraft. While airframes on active duty with regular squadrons have SniperXR. Except A-10C which only use LiteningII, and Reserve B-1B which only use Sniper/XR.

Imagine if NS430 worked differently in every module. Different buttons, different key assignments, and different procedures.

Perhaps this is supposed to imitate different HOTAS layout of different types of aircraft. However in DCS, this is aggravating. IMHO, best implementation for fast combat usage, is in A-10C. But then I have had A-10C since 2013 and still love it. How A-10C fuses TPOD, NAV, JDAM, and Mavericks really sets the standard in DCS. Every other implementation is not as good.

In Hornet, I am never certain where the TPOD is looking at. Its FLIR display is weak on CRT, and out of easy view angle when on bottom color MFCD. Plus the letters and symbols are nearly unreadable. ED has to work on that. Ya'd think that Navy would replace amber CRTs with at least high contrast monochrome LCDs.

I think I have it sorted. It is still a bit confounding, as to actual presses, when to press, what to press, and for how long. It is is anything but intuitive.

Imagine if NS430 worked differently in every module. Different buttons, different key assignments, and different procedures.

Perhaps this is supposed to imitate different HOTAS layout of different types of aircraft. However in DCS, this is aggravating. IMHO, best implementation for fast combat usage, is in A-10C. But then I have had A-10C since 2013 and still love it. How A-10C fuses TPOD, NAV, JDAM, and Mavericks really sets the standard in DCS. Every other implementation is not as good.

In Hornet, I am never certain where the TPOD is looking at. Its FLIR display is weak on CRT, and out of easy view angle when on bottom color MFCD. Plus the letters and symbols are nearly unreadable. ED has to work on that. Ya'd think that Navy would replace amber CRTs with at least high contrast monochrome LCDs.

So your saying ED "should not" build the aircraft to spec and modify the modules to be and work the same as the A-10C if applicable? Because in real life that's the best setup?

ED should also make the MFD's screens be crystal clear and not make them look and behave like they are in the real jet. The sme's that have flown this aircraft would have said is correct or not you would think.

You do not have to limit the way the HOTAS works. YOU can make it work the way you want to in DCS. With the harrier I have some MFD buttons on the HOTAS to change from wide, narrow and zoom in etc.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link