View Poll Results: DLC LHA
Yes 232 73.65%
No 83 26.35%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2016, 08:29 AM   #41
Aginor
Veteran

Reputation power: 23
Aginor is a glorious beacon of lightAginor is a glorious beacon of lightAginor is a glorious beacon of lightAginor is a glorious beacon of lightAginor is a glorious beacon of lightAginor is a glorious beacon of lightAginor is a glorious beacon of lightAginor is a glorious beacon of lightAginor is a glorious beacon of lightAginor is a glorious beacon of lightAginor is a glorious beacon of light

I think I would buy it for 30 dollars if it is nicely done.
Gameplay matters.

Otherwise I'd still buy it, but not for more than 10 dollars or so.
Aginor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:40 AM   #42
Darkwolf

Reputation power: 13
Darkwolf is just really niceDarkwolf is just really niceDarkwolf is just really niceDarkwolf is just really niceDarkwolf is just really niceDarkwolf is just really niceDarkwolf is just really niceDarkwolf is just really niceDarkwolf is just really niceDarkwolf is just really nice

Razbam asking a question where they is an absolute lack of detail. Therefore voted no.

Are we really about to pay Landing Fees in a video game ?
Old 10-20-2016, 09:15 AM   #43
ellutscho

Reputation power: 3
ellutscho is on a distinguished road

From my perspective this makes more than sense. Since the harrier and maybe even a rescue helicopter are planned this would be a good addition to dcs. Even with the upcoming seamodule it will give more nice options for building missions.

ellutscho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:49 AM   #44
Coxy_99

Reputation power: 24
Coxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to all

If the quality is good id pay for dlc to surport 3rd parties.

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A

Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:30 AM   #45
Stratos

Reputation power: 24
Stratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really nice

Yes, if the price is fair.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:20 PM   #46
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 19
QuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really niceQuiGon is just really nice

An AI/CA-controlled LHA would be great, but what I really want is a full-fidelity DDG

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:46 PM   #47
near_blind

Reputation power: 10
near_blind is a jewel in the roughnear_blind is a jewel in the roughnear_blind is a jewel in the roughnear_blind is a jewel in the roughnear_blind is a jewel in the roughnear_blind is a jewel in the rough

Would an LSD and an LPD be included in this hypothetical DLC? These are the three primary components of an Amphibious Ready Group. You generally would not see an LHA without both, and vis versa.
near_blind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:56 PM   #48
toni

Reputation power: 0
toni is an unknown quantity at this point

Also submarines would be cool together on a map with underwater environment . A serious thread for any Carrier or battle group. This way potential ASW platforms can be developed , SH-2 , SH-3 , SH-70 ....... S3 , P3 .
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 05:38 PM   #49
firmek

Reputation power: 6
firmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
Also submarines would be cool together on a map with underwater environment . A serious thread for any Carrier or battle group. This way potential ASW platforms can be developed , SH-2 , SH-3 , SH-70 ....... S3 , P3 .
Guys... I could imagine that in few posts we'll see a request for DCS Silent Hunter DLC
Old 10-21-2016, 06:04 PM   #50
Flogger23m+
Posting Rights Suspended

Reputation power: 0
Flogger23m will become famous soon enoughFlogger23m will become famous soon enoughFlogger23m will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
The difference being that the Kuznetzov is already in the game and a LHD/LHA isn't. So if they are going to have one for sale its either the case of a lower detailed model being added to the game by default or it exists as a pure DLC object. The former is much more acceptable than the latter.
It can be fully detailed, but just not be controllable by the player. Think of Combined Arms. Everyone has all of the vehicles regardless if they own the module or not. The tanks and SAMs are fully functional and controlled by the games AI. The difference is people with Combined Arms can make waypoints in game, change formation/speed, and even take direct control of the vehicles.

In the case of a carrier, people who don't own the module need to be able to place it in a mission, land on it, visually see it, and spawn/take off on it. The AI needs to be able to control it and it needs to have all functions present in the mission editor. Again, the difference is those who own the module can control it in game and man the various stations of the ship.

If it operates as described, I would support such a module but don't have interest in buying it personally. I would rather see another more modern fighter, even if it meant a Mirage 2000-5F.
Flogger23m is offline   Reply With Quote