Notices

View Poll Results: DLC LHA
Yes 232 73.65%
No 83 26.35%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2016, 08:26 AM   #11
Vampyre

Reputation power: 9
Vampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really nice

I would expect a full ship module to be crewable with at least the primary positions such as Captain/bridge, Air Boss/Prifly, Weaps/CIC, Cheng/Engineering and ACHO/flight deck control. In this case, if it is a Tarawa or Essex class, an amphibious capability that uses landing craft and LCAC's to move vehicles, troops and supplies ashore would be a must... of course you could just do an Iwo Jima class and only have to worry about the air components.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Last edited by Vampyre; 10-19-2016 at 08:29 AM.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:40 AM   #12
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Reputation power: 43
Silver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

The main problem of a crew-able ship with pilot-able weapons / command positions is required to build by ED the appropriate dlls and base code. RAZBAM cant build them meanwhile ED dont put the blocks on the base code. The same situations has on a "pilot-able" vehicle module (not CA).

A rotund Yes to more ships into DCS: World.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com

Last edited by Silver_Dragon; 10-19-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Silver_Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:43 AM   #13
Pikey

Reputation power: 28
Pikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of light

I wouldnt be expecting as much - more along the lines of what ED said is in their ships. The detail would be in the processing of aircraft, lifts and traffic control, little men waving at you etc. If it had an airboss station/view for the combined arms slot that would be great. If we try to model every weapons station that would not be great. If we turn it into "DCS: Deck Simulator" it won't be fun and people will let the AI get on with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
I would expect a full ship module to be crewable with at least the primary positions such as Captain/bridge, Air Boss/Prifly, Weaps/CIC, Cheng/Engineering and ACHO/flight deck control. In this case, if it is a Tarawa or Essex class, an amphibious capability that uses landing craft and LCAC's to move vehicles, troops and supplies ashore would be a must... of course you could just do an Iwo Jima class and only have to worry about the air components.
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:44 AM   #14
splash

Reputation power: 8
splash will become famous soon enoughsplash will become famous soon enough

After seeing the level of development and communication with the community from Razbam regarding M2000C, I think I will buy any module they release.
splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:17 AM   #15
Vampyre

Reputation power: 9
Vampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
I wouldnt be expecting as much - more along the lines of what ED said is in their ships. The detail would be in the processing of aircraft, lifts and traffic control, little men waving at you etc. If it had an airboss station/view for the combined arms slot that would be great. If we try to model every weapons station that would not be great. If we turn it into "DCS: Deck Simulator" it won't be fun and people will let the AI get on with it.
I don't see the value that would make me want to buy a module that just looks pretty. There has to be some functionality to make it worth paying for otherwise it should just be included in the base DCS:W game.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:21 AM   #16
firmek

Reputation power: 6
firmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
I don't see the value that would make me want to buy a module that just looks pretty. There has to be some functionality to make it worth paying for otherwise it should just be included in the base DCS:W game.
Fully agree. The module has to bring much more to the table than just aesthetics and nice 3D model.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:39 AM   #17
Pikey

Reputation power: 28
Pikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of light

The functionality that ED listed isn't just aesthetics, we assume a carrier module would be the same/minimum as what ED have listed in their carrier features and the features are stil being explored. If you aren't sure what these are, it will help build a picture for you if you read the carrier comentary in the offical updates forum which for your benefit I will quote here:
We see 2016 as a big year for aircraft carrier operations as we plan to release both Nimitz-class aircraft carrier and Kuznetsov-class aircraft carrier modules. Both of these modules will be incredibly detailed models with working elevators, interior hanger bays, animated ship systems, and the ability to walk around inside the ships. These will be optional modules that would replace the existing ships currently in DCS World.

Another point that would help Ships, especially the carrier DLC would be models of the rest of the period ARG https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphib...p_underway.jpg

I think at least models of the entire component should be part of this or ED's release else the carrier would be all on it's own.
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:29 PM   #18
Azrayen
ED Translator

Reputation power: 29
Azrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of light

I voted no on this one.

- I don't see an interest for a player managing an LHA in DCS.
- I think ships are "environnement" today in DCS (= can be used by all players, and are AI controlled)

Any LHA (or BPC) included should allow all (pilots) players to see it and use it (if their aircraft is able to... or even not, with lots of wind).

So: yes to get an LHA, but no to make it a separate payware module.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:24 PM   #19
Einherjer

Reputation power: 6
Einherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the rough

I would say

Everyone: see it , land on it

DLC owner: control it , walkable interiors
Einherjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:20 PM   #20
zaelu
Veteran

Reputation power: 33
zaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbrotherhood7 View Post
For $9.99, probably!

Can you give us more details about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
Depends on the price, but yes I most likely would
+2

And put an explanation to that LHA abbreviation...