View Poll Results: DLC LHA
Yes 232 73.65%
No 83 26.35%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2017, 02:46 PM   #141
Robert31178

Reputation power: 2
Robert31178 is on a distinguished road

Ditto for Panzer. I've been following along recently and never really thought of the ramifications of the DLC and the WWII asset pack deal until this thread. It does seem like it doesn't jive with how it has been in DCS, pay for a plane or not you can still see it, still shoot at it, collide with it, etc....I don't understand why they wouldn't just leave it like that in the interest of keeping folks together.

I've been playing IL2 1946 since 2003 and have seen every version of the game, modded and official, from almost the beginning. Over the years the different modsets available have fractured the community. I realize the biggest part of the loss of members is better games like DCS and the BO series of the new IL2's, but once people had to choose between the UP mods or the HSFX series of mods it began to split. You have people who only fly stock, you have people who only fly this series or that, etc....and now you get maybe 70 people across a dozen servers on a weekend where once you had well over 400 between the two main game versions. Here's the thing: that was all freeware.

I really do hope they make this available in the same fashion planes have been for us. It absolutely keeps us together. Maybe just make it so that you have to buy it to move it instead of using CA, or do that and also make it so it can deploy LCAC's and do assaults if you buy it, something fun or extra, but leave it so folks can land on it, use the cats, crash into it or kill it!! I'm retired, I can afford all of the extra stuff, but some people scrape money together for months to buy a $60 module. Someone like that will buy a Tomcat or Hornet and not be able to enjoy it properly.

That's my $.02!!

~Rob
Robert31178 is offline   Reply With Quote