What about CVN-74?

Wodzu

In the topic FAQ you wrote "The CVN-74 John C. Stennis that was released at the same time as the Hornet will remain in DCS World as a free carrier. We will remedy all takeoff issues, but it will retain the existing model and not have deck crew, radio communications, Ready Room, LSO station, and other features included in Supercarrier. "

Should we understand that CVN-74 will be released only in the old version, or as you wrote earlier, also in the Supercarrier version?

Thx for reply.

The old carrier will be available along side the new Supercarrier carrier if that makes any sense. Not like the VEAO Hawk which was only available in 2.5.3 and not any newer version, which I believe is what you are asking.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

It would be nice just to see them put the navigation post on the starboard side forward of the island.

Agree. Never understood why such a prominent and rather simple feature (which aside from the optics also affects deck parking) isn‘t modelled, even in a free-for-all module.

Admittedly, there seem to be more pressing items that really affect the usability of the Stennis for some users (mainly MP as I understand). Since I am an SP guy, I doon‘t have any real issues that negatively impact my gameplay..argh...simulation experience :smilewink:

Unique Carriers

For DCS: Supercarrier, we will be providing all Nimitz-class aircraft carriers of the Theodore Roosevelt subclass. These include:

CVN-71 USS Theodore Roosevelt

CVN-72 USS Abraham Lincoln

CVN-73 USS George Washington

These will be the first three carriers released at Early Access. After the Early Access release, we will provide:

CVN-74 USS John C. Stennis

CVN-75 USS Harry S. Truman

In addition to unique naming and numbering of the carriers, they will also have unique geometry. This is most evident in the islands (towers and antennas). Please see attached and note that they are work in progress.

Each ship will also have unique carrier communication callsigns.

Thanks,

Wags

My understanding of this post is the Stennis will be included with the package in the future. Which would lead me to believe there will be two of them. The standard one and the full fidelity one.

My understanding of this post is the Stennis will be included with the package in the future. Which would lead me to believe there will be two of them. The standard one and the full fidelity one.

That´s correct.

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Personally, I'd like to see ED Rename the free carrier the Nimitz, Eisenhower or Carl Vinson to prevent confusion in the future.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Personally, I'd like to see ED Rename the free carrier the Nimitz, Eisenhower or Carl Vinson to prevent confusion in the future.

I agree 200%

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Yes! It would only cause confusion. I personally dont even like having an old cartboard box model in DCS still, while new have these new and update models. Just feels off moving forward if there still is such an inconsitence between models.

Great idea Siera99! +1

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

+1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

While not familiar with the topic, given that the first three are of a different sub-class to the next five, I'd presume there are some physical differences that the current DCS Stennis bears?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

While not familiar with the topic, given that the first three are of a different sub-class to the next five, I'd presume there are some physical differences that the current DCS Stennis bears?

We already have a Vinson (CVN-70) though compared to the current Stennis it's a pretty poor excuse for a carrier. Wonder how much overhead there would be to turn the existing CVN-74 into a replacement for the existing CVN-70? Change the artwork, maybe?

The current Stennis is a little small, but not enough to make a difference. As far as I know the current Vinson isn't used; at least I can't imagine why you would given the problems with it.

That would give us a "free" carrier that works (current Stennis, now Vinson) and a Super Carrier version of the Stennis rather than free and paid versions of the same CV.

Dang that looks confusing.

In the topic FAQ you wrote "The CVN-74 John C. Stennis that was released at the same time as the Hornet will remain in DCS World as a free carrier. We will remedy all takeoff issues, but it will retain the existing model and not have deck crew, radio communications, Ready Room, LSO station, and other features included in Supercarrier. "

Should we understand that CVN-74 will be released only in the old version, or as you wrote earlier, also in the Supercarrier version?

Thx for reply.

AFAIK, CVN-74 will remain in DCS as is,

then later when the new CVN-74 and CVN-75 are added,

There will be two CVN-74's in the Mission Editor, the PDLC CVN-74 will be Yellow, like PDLC Aircraft.

AFAIK, that will be the way to differentiate between the Free and Paid Versions.

Would I like to See the old carrier model modified to CVN68-69-70 and Ditch the Lock On Vinson Model?,

Absolutely.

But the Current Stennis was Added with the Hornet Update, so they cant just sweep it away.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...

Renaming the free one is an excellent idea and Eisenhower would be perfect since Heatblur has the TR subclass. That or just leave Stennis off of the Supercarrier naming conventions. Two is needlessly confusing.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

AFAIK, CVN-74 will remain in DCS as is,

then later when the new CVN-74 and CVN-75 are added,

There will be two CVN-74's in the Mission Editor, the PDLC CVN-74 will be Yellow, like PDLC Aircraft.

AFAIK, that will be the way to differentiate between the Free and Paid Versions.

Would I like to See the old carrier model modified to CVN68-69-70 and Ditch the Lock On Vinson Model?,

Absolutely.

But the Current Stennis was Added with the Hornet Update, so they cant just sweep it away.

Thank you for your answer. That explains everything to me. Greetings