Thrustmaster TPR Pedals

Are the TPR pedals worth the price tag? I currently have the 80 dollar thrustmaster pedals and I must say I hardly use them. I don’t have a good feel for the resistance and always seem to be pushing left or right. Money isn’t an issue here I’m just curious if the TPR pedals are worth the price and if they help at all. Thank you for your time, stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally love them but it also depends also on your style. Personally the pendular movement give me the same feeling as a real rudder.

In addition to my taste it is way better for Helicopters, you control a helo with the toes not the heels...

I own the TPR's for like 15 months now. In terms of quality, used materials and precision, they are definately worth their price, but if they're worth getting them depends on how you want to use them. They are definately not suited for "under a desk use" due to the angle of the paddles, but as BuzzU assumed, mounted to a simrig or a cockpit, they work great. I had them under my desk for about half a year before getting a simrig and they were a pain tu use. This completely changed as soon as they have been mounted onto the simrig, where they are almost lined up with my knees.

If you have a simrig, cockpit or similar with a low seat height, they are definately a great piece of flight controls totally worth their money. If you're flying at a desk, the VPC ACE-1 or ACE-2 rudders might be the better choice, providing equal quality, precision and materials. Those are on the other hand, propably less suited for simrig/cockpit use, but i'm just assuming here.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

For my purposes, trying to replicate an F-4 cockpit as best as possible, the TPRs were the simplest, most cost effective solution. In terms of quality, precision, and feel, I don't think you can beat Slaw's F-16 style combat pedals. But I specifically wanted pendular movement and the alternatives were to build my own or buy some really high end Boeing airliner reproduction pedals. The high end type even has the little handle you turn to adjust the pedal reach, which is present in F-4 Phantom cockpits. But the cost was insane, making the TM TPR pedals look very cost effective.

My long used Saitek Pro pedals that I have had forever were still working okay with absolutely no noise or spiking, but the plastic was failing. The pedals lost their spring locking pins for length adjustments. The mechanism for springing back to zero on the brakes had failed, which I didn't even notice until I was replacing them with the TPRs because gravity and/or the weight of my feet would leave them at zero.

Overall, I am happy with the results. The TPR pedals look and feel good. They also have plenty of adjustments you can make to suit your particular installation. I think that even includes the angle of the pedals. They work great for me when flying fixed wing or helos. I have seen people post mods to optimize the feel the their specific needs in terms of centering, etc. But I haven't had any reason to modify them beyond the built in adjustments which you have to choose when you are assembling them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]