Performance hit after 2.5.6 43931

Ducksen

Hi quick post.

In open beta in VR my frames droped to half.

In the main DCS menu I have had 90 frames. Now it is 45.

The same goes for ingame. I normally had 30 frames and now it is 10-15 frames. Now I feel sick and green, and it has become unplayable.

Using HTC Vive. Nvidia 1080, 32Gb RAM, Skylake 6700 i7 4GHz.

Have set most settings in DCS to lowest setting and turned off all MSAA, depth of field, SSAA, SSLR etc etc etc.

Have turned game mode off in windows.

Have Enabled my Nvidia 1080 card to have full power available in Nvidia settings.

And more...

Hope to see a fix for this performance hit.

Or if I am the only one, please give me advice. I CAN go lower on settings, but to me it seems not to be the core issue here.

Yep. 2.5.6 I think wasnt be tested by ANY beta testers in VR :(.

FPS drop in this patch, for 2.5.5 was ok for me and stable 45 fps with motion reprojection ON.

The same settings than in 2.5.5 - now DCS is unplayable :/ in VR.

Also clouds are randering in the one eye (some clouds on horizont), strange text "Static1" also on the top of picture (what is it?).

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The static 1 is the unit that DCS uses as a background when selecting a slot or aircraft. If you remove that static from the mission then it defaults to something else like a tank or anything, and the text is gone.

Don't get me wrong, the text up in the top that states static 1 is a bug for sure, but until a patch comes for this that is a workaround.

+1

Even with the shaders mod. FPS dropped. But still playable for me.

I7 7700, 16gb RAM, 2070 Super

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

It helps to set terrain detail to low.

Terrain to LOW? No any option like this.

You can set up Visib Range or Terrain textures.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yep. 2.5.6 I think wasnt be tested by ANY beta testers in VR :(.

FPS drop in this patch...

Not just VR. They must not be doing much testing with 4K monitors either. :( 2.5.6 in 2D (with any moderate amount of units) is a pretty bad drop in performance. I've never reverted back to a version since 2003 when I began with Lomac. I'm probably going back to 2.5.5 until they get things sorted out. I don't have $1000.00 to drop on a new GPU and my 1070 SC isn't exactly low-low end either.

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Yea same problem with me as well boys, performance dropped by half with the pimax 5k+ and a 1080ti. The game is unplayable in both SP and MP regardless of settings.

Now this wouldn't be a huge problem if I played vs AI, but I only fly in MP pvp, so I can't revert.

I'll give it a week or two but I don't have alot of empty SSD space, if DCS doesn't run then its getting deleted for something else.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Just wanted to add my +1 to poor performance in VR. Can no longer maintain above 45fps.

At least VR zoom is fixed for PiMax, hopefully not related

Processor: i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz (OC)

Memory: 16384MB RAM DDR 4266

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI FE

VR: PiMax 5K+

HDD: Samsung SSD 960 EVO

HDD: WD SSD WDS100T2B0A-00SM50

Yeah I agree. I didnt see as many servers in the list so I thought that it was fixed and everyone had gotten back to new version. Unfortunately there is something weird going on hitting the fps in a big way. Honestly cant be arsed to download like 30Gb for a thrid time. Hopefully they'll fix it quick.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Just adding to the chorus here. Pimax 5K+ with a 2080Ti. Was pushing 45 FPS before the 2.5.6 patch, and now I'm normally down to around 25 even after lowering my visual quality, and around 14 on the ground at an airbase. It's really, really bad.

Slightly higher framerates in the FC3 aircraft, BTW. I don't know if it's the lighting or passes inside the more complex modern cockpits, but I could get up into the mid-30s in the A-10A. Still bad by comparison, but much more playable.

Near miss

I use Oculus Rift S on a PC with Intel 9900K, Evo M2 SSD and 1070Ti. My initial search was for how to remove the On Screen text Main: Static1 when in missions after I updated to 2.5.6. Looks like I will have to wait until there is an update to remove the bug unless someone knows where to change a config?

I noticed plenty of messages regarding the slower frame rates after the 2.5.6. I spent hours trying different configurations in the firewall, real time scanning off, DCS settings with no joy. My credit card started to tremble as I looked at buying a 2080 super thinking this would solve my problems then the Corona Virus caused prices to rise and I backed off. Lucky for me the missus complained her Laptop was sluggish so when I looked into it I ended up removing her anti virus McAfee and her Laptop started performing normally.

I then removed my PC's McAfee anti virus and hey presto my DCS is flying very smoothly although not quite back to 2.5.5. My benchmark was for a smooth frame rates, at night, flying over well lit cities. My in sim graphic setting is VR but Pixel Density is still 1.2 although I will intend to increase that.

I installed Bitdender which has a Game profile in settings you can point to DCS.

Not saying this works for everybody but worth a shot because it really has worked for me and my deep pockets.

ground textures to low seems to work. in VR i cannot tell the difference.

and i have turned dynamic cockpit shadows on for the first time in ages and it seems to be working well. which goes with the new lighting.

i Have the new reflections setting off.

gamma 1.5

its running and looking pretty good in the whirly birds.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

• 1 month later...

FPS in Open Beta is cut by at least 50%???

Hey Guys,

Just to confirm what others a seeing Open Beta performance has dropped by half? I use to get 45+ on high setting in wide FOV, after the update I am lucky if I see 21-23.

I just purchased the JF-17 and I cant even think of trying to taxi even on the lowest settings.

Could someone in QA please flag this issue? VR in Open Beta is not possible now :(.

Thank you.

Outta Missiles, Outta Bullets, Switching to Harsh Language!

Hi, I also have problem with FPS using HTC Vive Cosmos since the last update. I tried to play the 2nd mission of the F/A-18C Hornet 1989 - Task Force Challenger campaign and FPS were lower by 50-60% and in some parts of the mission they dropped bellow 10 fps and the game was totally unplayable. I had to downgrade to 2.5.5 stable and the FPS are fine, but I don´t know how will I play the Supercarrier DLC. I have 7700K + RTX 2070 + 32GB RAM.

I am having the same problem I used to get decent frames per second and now only flying a p51 with nothing on the map it's at about 20 fps what is funny is my graphics card in only at 20 percent load and not at 80 or 90 like it should be what is even funnier is when I pause the game my graphics card goes to 80 or 90 percent use and my frame rates go back to 40 fps I would like some advice.

same here!

happens alway in MP and in very demanding SP missions like DCE or "island style", where half of the NATO air fleet takes off. I feel like this effect isn't that bad on caucasus map, but I can be wrong. Observing this for a quiet long time now. sometimes a reboot did help, some time ago. By now this won't help at all.

I don't like seeing my 1600€ card chilling around while I almost watch single pictures trough my Index!

I'm sure ED is aware of this simulation breaking issue!

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

Yup, Rift-S, i9 9900k, 2070 Super here and sometimes it's unplayable. Simple missions are fine but anything complex and most multiplayer servers are almost impossible to enjoy.

Also if I load up it's hit or miss - I might see FPS as low as 1-2, or maybe it might be fine (in the 40s). But the moment a plane spawns near me it cuts in half.

Another interesting thing is when I am playing with a friend our FPS will drop at exactly the same time so that tells me there's something happening or changing in the sim to cause it.

I just picked up Prepar3D v5 and I'm sorry to say performance in that is way better than DCS right now and that's truly shocking to me. I always bragged that DCS performace was so good that you didn't even have to think about it.