reflection of aircraft sight - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-11-2020, 06:28 AM   #11
Alpenwolf

+1

I love this airplane and fly it quite often. So yeah, pretty please with sugar on top, get on it.

(Can't quote the Wolf from Pulp Fiction word by word, can I )

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments
You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:21 PM   #12
Hinkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehuman View Post
I found it it's in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Textures\HUD_FILTER_NO_DS
L39-CPT-GLASS
There's a few horror reflection files hidden in there.
nice
Hinkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 02:12 AM   #13
VampireNZ

I am quite tempted to buy this aircraft while the special is on but have no interest at all in having that gunsight right in my face in a trainer aircraft, i.e not the ZA version.
Is there still no way to permanently remove it aside from on a per-mission basis in the ME?

If I wanted to use a gunsight to shoot stuff, I would be taking the ZA version - why do you need it in the C version? This combined with the fact you can't use the NS430 without having this removed, which in pre-made missions/campaigns is not even up to you, seems very strange.

VampireNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:15 PM   #14
Svsmokey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireNZ View Post
I am quite tempted to buy this aircraft while the special is on but have no interest at all in having that gunsight right in my face in a trainer aircraft, i.e not the ZA version.
Is there still no way to permanently remove it aside from on a per-mission basis in the ME?

If I wanted to use a gunsight to shoot stuff, I would be taking the ZA version - why do you need it in the C version? This combined with the fact you can't use the NS430 without having this removed, which in pre-made missions/campaigns is not even up to you, seems very strange.
Was once an option to remove in L-39 settings . They changed it for god-knows-what reasons to ME . Doesn't make any sense to me , but it is what it is .

Tip . You can save any instant-action mission in the ME (Save with a different name !) , and modify it however you like , including gunsight removal .

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:35 AM   #15
Andrew8604

Agreed: Remove those reflections mentioned. May have been a reasonable effect in 2D. But in the 3D world of VR, looks like an image etched or printed on the sight reflector glass plate.

Fun flying this jet.
Andrew8604 is offline   Reply With Quote