Clearing reconnaissance tracking targets + viewing course / speed

earnil

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to figure out the reconnaissance mode and there are two things that I just can't figure out

1) Is there any way how to clear existing tracking targets? (S1 - S9)? Or once you assign S9 you're done and there's no way how to, for example, delete S1 and reuse it? Manual mentions that

Individual targets can be cleared by entering 0 manually on the desired target.

but so far I haven't been successful. Does anyone know how to do that?

2) How do you actually view the course and speed of the target? Even after making a second fix (after waiting 3 minutes) the CK37 still just shows my current position.

Also, another question - when in SKU mode after second fix, should the radar position marker track the target (ie the green circle on radar moves along with given speed and course), or it will always stay fixed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm experiencing the exact same issues.

Course/Speed doesn't show up. If I got the manual correct it should show as long as one holds the trigger in TV stage. As soon as you go back to T0 it would show position again. But for some reason it always displays position.

When taking the II fixes in SKU mode the radar sometimes displays a circle over the target (that I can switch to other targets by selecting them). And sometimes it just keeps on displaying the route boundaries. I think it shows the route boundaries when I press down to TV and then go back to T0 quickly. And when I hold down TV for some seconds and then release back to T0, I will get the ring on the targets. The ring goes away when I disable SKU mode or make another fix but then fast again.

Other than that the SPA mode seems to work fine. I'm just not sure if it's supposed to switch from MAL to SKU mode when transferring a target from MAL to SKU layer by pressing SKU twice. The transfer works but I thought it would stay in MAL mode. So if I want to transfer multiple targets I need to always switch back to MAL mode for every transfer.

I thought it only switches to SKU mode when clicking the button once and if you click twice it just transfers, without switching. However, I don't know how it's in real life. It's just not the way I would find it intuitive.

And I have a question. Let's say you want to attack a target that you have measured in SPA mode. Let's say you have it already in the SKU layer and made some fixes. Is there a possibility to select it for the ANF mode? You would need it as target point for the regular waypoint layer. Currently I wrote down the coordinates of the SPA mode target and re-entered them as waypoint. And then turned it to a target point. Possible, but takes some time. Especially since I need to write down the LOLA.

Edited by Zabuza

When taking the II fixes in SKU mode the radar sometimes displays a circle over the target (that I can switch to other targets by selecting them). And sometimes it just keeps on displaying the route boundaries. I think it shows the route boundaries when I press down to TV and then go back to T0 quickly. And when I hold down TV for some seconds and then release back to T0, I will get the ring on the targets. The ring goes away when I disable SKU mode or make another fix but then fast again.

If I understand it correctly, rapid T0 - T1 - T0 should switch between route destination (the M1 or S1 in this case) and 'RUTA' display:

The RUTA display can be toggled with the normal destination display by briefly pressing the fix

trigger to the first detent and releasing (T0-T1-T0). The CI will display the position and shape

of the patrol area. The display is also changed to destination display on changing the destination.

If I understand it correctly, when you toggle this to RUTA display, you get the polygon display, but the steering cue is still towards selected target. But it doesn't work always - sometimes I get one side of the polygon stuck on radar screen and then all seem to stop working:(

The SKU transfer mode is super unintuitive. At least for me, sometimes the transfer confirmation (the number of S target) is not shown at all and most importantly, there doesn't seem to be any time limit on the second press of SKU button, so if you don't notice, you can press SKU 30s after first press and it still transfers the target.

Also, for me the corners of RUTA polygon are shown as white M, rather then R - again, not sure why.

Let's say you have it already in the SKU layer and made some fixes. Is there a possibility to select it for the ANF mode?

You go to ANF, it keeps the last target (be it M or S) as a destination, unless you change it by selecting different WP. For RB 15 I'm not aware of any way to do that, but since you can just designate Bx8 and Bx7 with radar, it shouldn't be a problem