Viggen documentation (flight manuals, etc)

renhanxue

• 1 month later...

It's everything you ever wanted to know about flying Drakens. That is, it's the Swedish Air Force fighter tactics manual from 1965, including how the Swedish data link system was to be used tactically, tactical radio terminology in Swedish, engagement ranges, mission profiles etc etc.

no it's not viggen related, really, but come on now, it's awesome

Edited by renhanxue

Nice thanks =)

But in addition have you been able to look for the SKI 37 yet?

To find out any possible information about the KB Chaff/Flare pod

when it comes to numbers of chaff (since the current ingame number feels very low for a pod that size/weight especially considering the way it appears the pod would have been used).

• 8 months later...

Reviving this thread to state that I still haven't heard back on the 1984 tactics manual. A late-70's fighter tactics manual with an update package from as late as 1982 has popped up in the library catalog though so I guess I might take a stab at that one of these days.

In other news though, another interesting thing that popped up as "new" in the library catalog recently is a complete manual for the CK 37, dated 1971, with seven main parts (plus a spare parts catalogue):

1. Functionality

2. Devices

3. Circuit diagrams

4. Connections list CEL

5. Connections list CEM

6. Connections list IU (presumably "IU" stands for "in/ut", or input/output)

7. Circuit boards and list of jumpers/switches

I myself am quite interested in that one, especially if it's actually understandable to a modern software engineer like myself. Is anyone else a bad enough nerd...?

Well, yes... unfortunately for the international audience.

Alright, well, that prevents me from putting too much time into these things, which is not bad either :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...