Why can't my brother connect to my server but others can?

falken76

I am trying to host a server so I can show my brother how to fly a plane. I set everything up, I forwarded port 10308. I load the mission. A friend on steam can get on no problems by going directly to the IP address. When my brother tries the exact same way it says "Server Offline" on his screen. The first time we tried this it said that and didn't work, but we checked our versions and I was on 2.5.x and he was on 1.5.x. So he had to upgrade and we tried again the next day. But it had the same identical problem as before. Why is it doing this? How do we even begin to figure it out? Are there logs somewhere? We are both using the same service provider, it is cox.

We were able to get on the Through the Inferno server last night, so it's possible to connect to another server together. Why is my server not working for the only person I set it up to play with? Why can other people connect with no problems yet he can not? Is there a program I can use to find out what is happening? He doesn't have to forward a port on his end does he? He's the client. I've turned public server on and off (Doesn't seem to matter, my server also never populates on the public server list) and I tried with integrety check on and off. No difference.

Thanks for any help.

Just a quick guess: I guess your both sharing the same access point so I would suspect that there's a problem about server and client on the same access point. Might be wrong, just a guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

• ED Team

Just to be sure, you both have the same versions number for DCS?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yes we are both using the steam version. The first time we tried and it said server offline we just decided we were going to try on a public server. When we didn't see the same servers we checked our versions and that's when we noticed they were different. He opted into beta and it started a huge download. So we tried the following day. When we checked the version numbers that day after he got his update they were identical.