Suggestions needed

Wahoo12

Suggestions needed  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Suggestions needed

• MiG 21bis
    • Dassault Mirage M2000C

There's a great sale going on, as i'm sure everyone has noticed.

But the great sale brings a great dilemma:

DCS: M2000C or DCS: MiG 21bis?

I know this has been asked before, but I've only seen answers like "Follow your heart and your dreams will come true" and such.

So, which one will win more dogfights against same-generation aircraft (MiG vs F-5E, Mirage vs gen 4s)?

Which is easier to learn? I have learned the basics of the game in the Su-27 but I want to move on to something more complex.

Which is more enjoyable in general?

And finally, which one gets you the most bang for buck?

Thanks!

Edited by Wahoo12
light revisions

Would love to vote, but I don't have the Mig. The Mirage is joy to learn and fly. Baltic Dragon's campaign that comes with it is amazing. In VR, the cockpit is a bit hard to see, but once you learn it that isn't an issue.

I can't imagine being disappointed with the Mirage

I don't voted, because it really depends. But I tried to give you some answers:

So, which one will win more dogfights against same-generation aircraft (MiG vs F-5E, Mirage vs gen 4s)?

I would say the Fishbed, as the differences between Mirage and other gen 4s like the Flanker or the Eagle are bigger than the differences between the Fishbed and the Tiger II. Especially when the gen4s bring ARH missiles to the fight, which the Mirage doesn't have.

Which is easier to learn? I have learned the basics of the game in the Su-27 but I want to move on to something more complex.

The Mirage definately has the more complex systems, especially the INS system, but also the weapon and CM systems. It is easier to fly though.

Which is more enjoyable in general?

That's really a question of taste. For me it's the Fishbed, because the developers managed to really create an immersive cockpit that really gives you the feeling of old Cold War technology.

And finally, which one gets you the most bang for buck?

Both aircraft can do A-A with IR and SARH missiles and A-G with bombs and rockets, although the Mirage is better in both as it has more modern weapons. The Mirage also has the addition of laser guided bombs, but only if there is someone else (JTAC or A-10C) to lase them.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 months later...