2018 Kickoff! Development Changelog

Cobra847

I can confirm this issue as solved.

Which version? Because it is definitely not solved in 1.5.8, except for the M/71 bombs. Apart from the bombs the TAKT status display is not working for pretty much any other weapon in 1.5.8.

See here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=189018&page=2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I have just tested it and it worked in 2.0 (latest version), with the ARAK rockets. The loaded stations are shown as 1, and after firing them they are all zeroes. I tested then using BK90 and it shows the 1's corectly, but they stay 1's after firing.

So yes, it seems to be bugged. I got confused with the ARAK rockets functioning, sorry guys.

I have just tested it and it worked in 2.0 (latest version), with the ARAK rockets. The loaded stations are shown as 1, and after firing them they are all zeroes. I tested then using BK90 and it shows the 1's corectly, but they stay 1's after firing.

So yes, it seems to be bugged. I got confused with the ARAK rockets functioning, sorry guys.

Alright, thanks, so the TAKT display for the BK90s is really bugged.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Said and done. Will try to verify if track replay fidelity actually improve. I’ll expect it to not be perfect still as there are probably other issues but maybe 80% improvement...

Ahhh, I had no idea this was a Viggen-specific problem. Was very frustrating last night as I was doing lots of low-level flight, and in the replays I was invariably slamming into the ground when that hadn't happened in real time. And people in general DCS had no idea what I was talking about!

Is this issue at all related to the AI's inability to do low-level flight properly?

Ahhh, I had no idea this was a Viggen-specific problem. Was very frustrating last night as I was doing lots of low-level flight, and in the replays I was invariably slamming into the ground when that hadn't happened in real time. And people in general DCS had no idea what I was talking about!

Is this issue at all related to the AI's inability to do low-level flight properly?

It's not really, or- rather, it's the unique way in which DCS replays are run, and we didn't think of this when making design decisions during the Viggen's development.

DCS replays are essentially "re-run" simulations, with the exact same inputs being made at exact timestamps. If the code being run does not behave in the exact same way in both instances, they will begin to diverge and issues appear.

Obviously random number generation in code can be a big culprit. That is what Ragnar has been working on correcting.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Oh, where do you use random numbers if I may ask? Because I'm afraid, if you have to remove them it might make the actual playing less fun and more predictable and repetitive :(

Tornado3 small.jpg

Because I'm afraid, if you have to remove them it might make the actual playing less fun and more predictable and repetitive :(

It's not about removing the (pseudo) random numbers but rather using the same seed as ED to generate them. Events will still be random when you fly, but the replay should be more accurate.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

It's not about removing the (pseudo) random numbers but rather using the same seed as ED to generate them. Events will still be random when you fly, but the replay should be more accurate.

Alright then :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

We consider 1.5 deprecated at this point and will not be supporting that branch anymore.
Makes me feel a little bit sad...

I don't know if my system can handle the new Caucasus, can hardly fly in NTTR and Normandy when I have placed only my own aircraft to fly around with. My fear is that the new Caucasus won't be much better, definitely not to play missions in.

1.5.7 (hopefully 1.5.8 if some annoying AI bugs get fixed) will stay as my main version. Guess it won't be much Viggen fun then.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Fixes will done for a while on the code-side but not the art since it is less work maintaining two branches on the code and everything is already set up for that. ED however stated that only major issues will be patched on 1.5.8 so it’s not sure the fixes will reach the end-user. Also if it start being too much work with having two branches I’ll have to stop merging into 1.5.8 too.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Running 2.5 open beta at the moment. Looks amazing so far but:

The Viggen sounds are STILL a bit pale. It need more Ooompf I think! More rumble!!

ASUS Z370, i7 8086K @ 5,2 Ghz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080, 16GB Ram, TM HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek combat rudders, 25" 1440p monitor, Oculus Rift

Running 2.5 open beta at the moment. Looks amazing so far but:

The Viggen sounds are STILL a bit pale. It need more Ooompf I think! More rumble!!

I think they said they're working on a sound overhaul. I'm not sure though.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think they said they're working on a sound overhaul. I'm not sure though.

Yes I know, thought it was included in this 2.5 update but maybe it is coming later...

ASUS Z370, i7 8086K @ 5,2 Ghz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080, 16GB Ram, TM HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek combat rudders, 25" 1440p monitor, Oculus Rift

• 2 months later...

We have passed the first quarter of 2018 now and it would be nice with an overall status update from Cobra and the devs on this lovely product which I and my fellow Viggenites care so much about!

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

We have passed the first quarter of 2018 now and it would be nice with an overall status update from Cobra and the devs on this lovely product which I and my fellow Viggenites care so much about!

+1

Tornado3 small.jpg

+1

I'm working on a Viggen update. We've been focused on solving weapon inaccuracy issues, adopting to the new atmoshpere model, and solving performance issues (which we just managed to today!).

The manual is now also reaching completion.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I'm working on a Viggen update. We've been focused on solving weapon inaccuracy issues, adopting to the new atmoshpere model, and solving performance issues (which we just managed to today!).

Thanks, looking forward to the update! I hope it will also address at least some of the numerous bugs that have been reported here on the forums.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, thanks! :thumbup:

Excellent, thanks!