Units from category AIR DEFENSE never showing up on radar

Akula67

Hi everybody,

I've been flying the Viggen for a month and I absolutely love it :thumbup:

I recently figured out that all the units which belong to the category AIR DEFENSE in mission editor never show up on radar.

For instance, I placed a BMP on an empty airfield, it showed up on radar about 20km away.

I did the same with SA8, SA13, 2S6 and SA15, they never ever showed up on my radar, even at very close range. I was flying the same heading and same altitude with same radar gain.

I even tried with the large EWR which should have a fairly big RCS : same issue, not a single blip on radar !

I hope Heatblur can fix this, I'd love to smash some Tunguskas with my BK90's !! :D

Edit : I had this bug before in 1.5, still present in 2.5

• 4 months later...
Interesting find.

But note that the radar was only meant to be used to detect ships and not targets on the ground :)

Switching the radar mode from Logarithmic to Linear could help though.

Yes, but that shouldn't differ between different classes of ground units ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 months later...
Has this been fixed?

Nope. Air Defence units, and any (it seems) static units dont appear on the radar.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |