Bubbles A10C Home Cockpit - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-21-2015, 09:11 PM   #1
Bubbles

Reputation power: 3
Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about
Default Bubbles A10C Home Cockpit

Hallo all,

I keep busy with flight simulations since 15 years but until now, mostly in winter time. I started with Apache Havoc, Falcon 4.0, Flanker 2, IL2 and so on.
But at my Eastern holidays this year, I started to build my own A10 C cockpit. Please excuse my bad school English. I left school more than 30 years ago and beyond, this is my first treat in a forum.

My plan is to build:

• A10 C Cockpit out of 1.5 mm (0,59”) ply wood.
    Thank you very much „y2kiah” for your excellent and impressively plans. They have been a great inspiration and the base of my work.
  • An 270 degree cylindric screen, with a diameter of 3.0 m (118,1”) and a height of 1.9 m (74,8”).
  • At the first the pit will work with a touch screen and Helios and gradually with custom made panels.
    „Gradoc”, “Cap Loz” and “Capt Zeen”, thank you very much for your excellent work.

All the wood work is- and will be done by common tools, unfortunately without a CNC Router. So I have to work with an jig saw, patterns and a common hand-guided router to get satisfying results (I´ve an abnormal demand for accuracy ).

If there is interest, I will introduce you my previous work and the method of operation the next days.
Here are the first pictures of the beginning of my work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bubbles_ Simpit_3.JPG
Views:	554
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	130905   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bubbles_Simpit_1.JPG
Views:	532
Size:	3.85 MB
ID:	130906   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bubbles_Simpit_2.JPG
Views:	547
Size:	3.88 MB
ID:	130907  

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:07 AM   #2
agrasyuk

Reputation power: 21
agrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of lightagrasyuk is a glorious beacon of light

Oh this is so grand! Love that screen, really curious to see the visual projected on it.
Good luck on your build, subscribed.

My pit build thread .
Simple and cheap UFC project
agrasyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:14 AM   #3
Mr_Burns

Reputation power: 14
Mr_Burns is just really niceMr_Burns is just really niceMr_Burns is just really niceMr_Burns is just really niceMr_Burns is just really niceMr_Burns is just really niceMr_Burns is just really niceMr_Burns is just really niceMr_Burns is just really nice

That is awesome.

I think your demand for accuracy is in your nature being German, I worked in Manching at DASA.
Mr_Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:47 AM   #4
Hansolo

Reputation power: 13
Hansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really niceHansolo is just really nice

That is a really big screen you've build there. Nice Looking forward for the progress and more pictures as you come along.

Cheers
Hans
Old 12-22-2015, 10:45 PM   #5
Bubbles

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Hello, thank you for your feed back.
I think that I can show you some pictures with an projectin ot the screen in a view days.

In the meantime, here are some pictures from the building of the cockpit frame.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bubbles_Cockpit_4.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	131003   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bubbles Cockpit_6.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	131006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bubbles_Cockpit_7.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	131007  

Name:	Bubbles_Cockpit9.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	131009  
Old 12-22-2015, 10:49 PM   #6
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 118
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Very, very nice and welcome to the forum!!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:13 PM   #7
Bubbles

Thank you!
Old 12-24-2015, 12:42 AM   #8
romeokilo

Reputation power: 7
romeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the roughromeokilo is a jewel in the rough

Brilliant. I wish I had room in my house for a projector set up like that! Well done.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
romeokilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 09:05 AM   #9
Retsilf

Reputation power: 5
Retsilf is on a distinguished road

Hi bubbles. Now I see your first pictures from your cockpit project...just impressive. Progress is far easier when you have a clear
view about final size, projection and other general items. Your way is clear right from the beginning
Retsilf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 03:59 PM   #10
MacFevre

Reputation power: 5
MacFevre is on a distinguished road

Wow! What a setup! Very nice.

Buttons aren't toys!

My Pit so far: A-10C Simulator Pit "The TARDIS."
Dzus Fastener tutorial, on the inexpensive side: DIY Dzus Fastener

My new Version 2 Pit: MacFevre A-10C SimPit V2
My first pit thread: A-10C Simulator Pit "The TARDIS."
Dzus Fastener tutorial, on the inexpensive side: DIY Dzus Fastener