CBU-105 and AGM-65D malfunctioning in 1.5.7

LeCuvier

Apparently since 1.5.7, the CBU-105 and the AGM-65D work very badly.

1. CBU-105: I used to get multiple kills (usually 4 armoured vehicles) with a single CBU; now I'm lucky if I get 1 or 2. The bomblet release seems to be very close to the ground, and most bomblets explose on the ground. I can no longer see the bomblets descending in F7 view. I increased the HoF from my usual 700 ft all the way up to 1500 ft, but no effect.

2. AGM-65D: I usually lock the target with the TGP and then slave the Maverick to the TGP before I release the Maverick. Normally the Maverick kills almost every time. Now, I see the Maverick (in F6 view) go widely astray and hit the ground somewhere far from target.

These two weapons have become pretty much useless. I haven't tried LGB's recently, so no statement abot these.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Apparently since 1.5.7, the CBU-105 and the AGM-65D work very badly.

1. CBU-105: I used to get multiple kills (usually 4 armoured vehicles) with a single CBU; now I'm lucky if I get 1 or 2. The bomblet release seems to be very close to the ground, and most bomblets explose on the ground. I can no longer see the bomblets descending in F7 view. I increased the HoF from my usual 700 ft all the way up to 1500 ft, but no effect.

2. AGM-65D: I usually lock the target with the TGP and then slave the Maverick to the TGP before I release the Maverick. Normally the Maverick kills almost every time. Now, I see the Maverick (in F6 view) go widely astray and hit the ground somewhere far from target.

These two weapons have become pretty much useless. I haven't tried LGB's recently, so no statement abot these.

1. Are you dropping them from over 3k feet AGL?

2. Have you fired them within the keyhole?

• Like 1

1. Are you dropping them from over 3k feet AGL?

2. Have you fired them within the keyhole?

1. yes of course. I drop them generally from 16,000 feet to keep clear of small air defenses.

2. not sure what you mean by keyhole, but the Maverick had locked to the target. Plus, I tried several times to make sure I wasn't missing something.

I have fired both kinds of weapons hundreds of times with extremely few misses. Their behaviour is clearly different.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

2, This is the keyhole: https://i.imgur.com/HlBW8pO.jpg

You need to have the cross within the keyhole to get a hit, it's a change but does already exist in dcs for a few patches

I don't see that screen at all when I use the Maverick. Maybe it's from the A-10A?

I'm talking A-10C

LeCuvier

You don't see the keyhole, you have to think or estimate where it is. Regardless, this picture is from a viper and since the mavericks use more or less the same software, it's the same in the hornet and hogs and other planes that can carry mavericks

I'm not sure if it's only 105's or 97's too but I've noticed what LeCuvier is talking about. Before the skeets would only detonate if they saw a target but now you see a bunch of extra ones detonate and shoot down at the ground.

I was wondering if they just tried to model it more accurately since the real ones have a lot of skeets missing the target vehicles.

Edited by cthulhu68

I'm not sure if it's only 105's or 97's too but I've noticed what LeCuvier is talking about. Before the skeets would only detonate if they saw a target but now you see a bunch of extra ones detonate and shoot down at the ground.

I was wondering if they just tried to model it more accurately since the real ones have a lot of skeets missing the target vehicles.

I tried several HOF settings. No effect. The skeets that don't find a target should self-destruct in the air. And they used to be scattered over some area in order to find targets that are not very close together.

Now they come down very tightly grouped, and the ones that don't find a target explode on the ground. The whole thing looks totally different from before 1.5.7.

LeCuvier

• 3 weeks later...
I've tried the 105 today against 6 vehicles and some infantry. I dropped one bomb from 14k feet with the default profile which was always working.

Result:

3 dead infantry

no vehicles hit

looks like something changed

I have a feeling that the problem is similar to the one I had with the M-151 rockets. I found that now you have to save a profile for the M-151 to work correctly.

Yesterday I saved the profile of the CBU-105 just giving my settings a name, and the performance is like it used to be: 3 - 5 heavy vehicles (tanks, artillery) destroyed with one CBU-105.

LeCuvier

Since last update it seems to me as well that the efficiency of the 105 and 97 dropped drasticly.

I also do have some explosions around the targets but most of them far off. 6 to 8 or even more vehicles destroyed e.g. on a convoy was quite common dropping the 105 or 97 right on top of it. Now im happy getting 2 or 3, 4 in best case.

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

Just tested CBU-105 in Nevada.

Default profile, nothing touched or edited.

12 BTR-60 in a 100 meters radius.

One CBU-105 launched in CCRP at 9000 feet.

Results: 6 BTR-Destroyed.

Second launch: Another 5 BTR destroyed. nothing wrong here.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4