Question about the Black Sea map

BlackLion213

Hello,

I've read that the northern Caucasus was (or still is?) an important region for Soviet/Russian oil production dating back to the early 20th century.

Are there any oil refineries or large oil storage areas on the map? Is it possible to create something like it using the mission editor?

Thank you for the help. :)

-Nick

There are a variety of static objects available in the ME such as oil derricks and pumping stations as well as storage tanks and factory buildings that could all be put together to resemble some kind of oil producing region or refinery. However, given the limitations of the ME, it might take you a couple of months to put it all together so that it actually looks like what you're trying to build. :wallbash:

No wonder it takes so long for ED to produce a new map!! A 3D view of the objects being placed on the map sure would be nice. Hint hint hint :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't forget too that there will be a totally revamped Caucasus theatre soon. Who knows what extra details will have been added there.

Indeed! And if the quality of the Normandy map is anything to go by, the effect will be more like having a totally new map instead of a update.

Goodbye old Caucasus, I willl not be missing you :D

DCS Finland | SF squadron

there is a large refining complex up north just south of the three lakes stringing west out of kras

• Like 1

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

there is a large refining complex up north just south of the three lakes stringing west out of kras

Dooom,

MGRS of the refinery?

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Dooom,

MGRS of the refinery?

Not at home right now so I can't help you with that you. But on the original Caucasus map (FC1.x) they were at points #15, #16 (see attached image).

Pretty sure it's in the same location on the DCS map: Krasnodar Oil and Gas Company oil refinery(KOGC)

I had, at one point, created a DCS Caucasus Tour mission that included the oil fields, etc. If I still have it, I'll pass it on.

EDIT: A partial "tour" mission file is now attached. I placed static objects on WP3-WP6. WP5 is the refinery that's there. It has no buildings. Just the plumbing. :) The other static objects mark oil fields. Use the F12 key to jump from object to object. LCtrl+F11 will free up the camera to look around.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

There are a variety of static objects available in the ME such as oil derricks and pumping stations as well as storage tanks and factory buildings that could all be put together to resemble some kind of oil producing region or refinery. However, given the limitations of the ME, it might take you a couple of months to put it all together so that it actually looks like what you're trying to build. :wallbash:

No wonder it takes so long for ED to produce a new map!! A 3D view of the objects being placed on the map sure would be nice. Hint hint hint :smilewink:

\\O_O//

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Ironhand,

where did you get that ME gui mod? I need it!

As Grimes says, that screen is from the old LOMAC/FC1.x version of the sim. The map, in one version or another, has been around for awhile.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.