1080ti is not enough for 2.1?

giei

Hi, I use Oculus with a 4770k, 32gb, ssd and 1080ti.

In 2.1 with Spitfire I use vr preset settings.

My fps dance between 17 and 32…

Can I do something to improve the performance?

Edited by giei

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

drop the shadows, instant performance boost. And don't go over PD 1.5

you can also overclock your CPU and GPU if you havn't done so already, those numbers seem too low for me. I got higher framerate on 2600K w/1080.

Also..Check this thread.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194778

The spit is the most frameratekiller plane on dcs.

This great vid from Jabbers can help you out.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Ok, Spitfire is the problem.

Other planes run smoothly with 1.5 supersampling (70-90 fps).

Spitfire is between 15 and 30 without supersampling and lowering settings as described in the previous video.

I'll put the Spitfire in a locker waiting a miraculous patch.

Have a look at this

You can compare my specs to yours but I play strictly 2.1, have a 1080Ti and never really have performance issues, especially in single player. Multiplayer just depends on the mission.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Have a look at this

You can compare my specs to yours but I play strictly 2.1, have a 1080Ti and never really have performance issues, especially in single player. Multiplayer just depends on the mission.

Have problems only flying Spitfire

Have a look at this

do you play multiplayer often?

thank you so much for making the video.

but i have to ask, do you run the oculus service only? or do you also run steamVR?

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

do you play multiplayer often?

thank you so much for making the video.

but i have to ask, do you run the oculus service only? or do you also run steamVR?

I only ever play MP, I only ever run Oculus, but I disable the Oculus home.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Ok, I found a strange thing that boost my fps from range 17-23 to 40-50 (Spitfire).

I have 3 Arduino in 3 custom controllers so in Input folder I usually have these files:

- x55 throttle + GUID

- x55 stick + GUID

- arduino 1 + GUID

- arduino 2 + GUID

- arduino 3 + GUID

In Spitfire input folder I found 2 "arduino 2 + GUID" files with different GUID and different timestamp.

Deleting the older one solved (partially) my lacks of performance.

Lowering a bit my settings now I can play the campaign with ASW enabled and solid 45 fps.

Of course we need a performance patch but I can wait it flying this plane.

Hi

can you please advise what the scenevr.lua file does? Is it a case of just deleting and it rewrites?

Thanks

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

The sceneVR lua file creates the view of the SU-27 that you see when you start up DCS in VR. If you delete sceneVR from your Scripts/Demoscenes, I assume you'd just see the splash screen with your menu. The SceneVR file will be regenerated by DCS during an update.

Edited by Balzarog

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

with 16GB system memory, turn off the page file is also helping my dcs experience on multiplayer...

finally i can enjoy this sim!

What is your system and how was the "boost" of turning off the page file ?

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

i have a 8700K (8th gen) with a evga SC 1080ti.

16GB memory.

not necessarily a boost...

more like, no crashing to desktop lol

i try to do most of the settings on jabbers video.

i felt like i have a comparable system, yet, i am crashing when i follow most of his settings.

as share by others, high textures, MSAA, deferred shading are killers.

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

you are right.. so ppl that have alot of system memory should have this option....

but if u dont have alot of system memory, u keep the page file..

DCS should by default use System memory. the "when to sent to swap" call is on the OS.

However disabling swap on windows is a bad advice. I would recommend tweaking it if needed (say reduce total amount of pagefile available, or moving the pagefile to a drive not containing the OS or DCS).

In Linux there is a system setting called "swappiness" it controls when the kernel will start using swap. by default it's set to 60% free RAM (i.e it starts using RAM before half your memory is used). on high performance applications that are very sensitive to memory you set swappiness to 1 or 0. which means that swap will be used only when RAM is 99% or 100% full. But you never ever disable swap completly..

Windows unfortunately has no "swappiness" setting as far as I'm aware.