Nvidia Control Panel 3D settings and Oculus Rift

fitness88

It's been established since Nvidia driver 385.41 there is no longer any input from Nvidia Control Panel color settings when using Oculus Rift.

However, do any of the Nvidia Control Panel 3D settings have any affect when using Oculus Rift?

Does anyone add Oculus to customize in manage 3D Settings, if so which .exe?

Thank you.

Edited by fitness88

It's been established since Nvidia driver 385.41 there is no longer any input from Nvidia Control Panel color settings when using Oculus Rift.

However, do any of the Nvidia Control Panel 3D settings have any affect when using Oculus Rift?

Thank you.

Not really.

Maybe some FXAA.

Main thing I do is set power to " prefer maximum performance".

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Not really.

Maybe some FXAA.

Main thing I do is set power to " prefer maximum performance".

Actually dburne I was wondering if OR could have its own profile in 3D Settings that would actually impact on the HMD performance and if so which exe would you build the profile to.

I'm of the understanding that none of the 3D Settings [with the possible exception of Power management mode] have any affect when using the Rift, only when viewing monitor displays.

EDIT: 3D settings are application based and will affect what you see with displays or HMD.

The Display tab [color, resolution etc] will only affect what hardware is listed...OR HMD is not.

Edited by fitness88

• 2 weeks later...