Module Manager Green Check Mark

btaft

What is the purpose of the module manager green check mark other than to make that module available for use in that version of DCS?

It doesn't seem to go through the serial number activation/deactivation?

Is there any harm/benefit to unchecking everything except the module you want to use?

Thanks,

Brett

What is the purpose of the module manager green check mark other than to make that module available for use in that version of DCS?

Is there any harm/benefit to unchecking everything except the module you want to use?

Thanks,

Brett

Integrity check. Everybody has the same weapons, planes..bla,bla.

When IC is off then you can use mods, scripts....blah, blah. So u can for example get god mode or something. So the other player always loses.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Thanks,

Brett

If you need to save some diskspace, you can uncheck the modules. You just wont be able to fly these modules now.

Boedha68,

Thanks for the response but I believe that green check is for MP. I am talking about the one in the module manager, where you activate/deactivate a module

Nirvi,

Thanks. Though when I uncheck the green arrow...it doesn't delete the module from the disk like it does if I hit the trash can it just doesn't load the module when the engine starts. I can recheck it and restart the engine and the module is back without having to re-download

By unchecking does the engine then use a lower detailed model of the vehicle if that vehicle is used in a mission? ie.e If I own the M2000 and the F5....could I expect better performance if I uncheck the M2000 when flying a f5 in the dogfight with the M2000.

it has nothing to do with performance, only activation of module iirc

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

There looks to be something to having everything unchecked accept for the module I am using. Ran some tests using the ACM campaign and just sitting on the tarmac at nellis. With all the modules checked I run about 11-14 fps in VR with only the F-5 checked I am at 15-18 fps. Yes they are low numbers but the improvement is there. Improvement carries over to the range where normally I would be in the 45-60 range with some dips in the 30's ....with everything unchecked I get 60-90 with the occasional 45

• Like 1