[SPI RELATED]How do I use the Maverick?

jonsky7

I agree. It's not following the Radar cursor's axis config for some reason.

it is very annoying indeed. i can not lock targets in time

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

In Pre-Mode the crosshairs on the Mav Weapon display page are disappearing and the Mav is not firing or locking for me after the handoff is completed by the TGP.

I did notice that the non IR Mavs tend to lock in Area mode more than they do in any other mode for me when I get the handoff crosshairs disappear issue, not sure if anyone is experiencing the same.

I read just now that seeker range is 9nm, maybe that's it. Thought I would share the issue that I'm experiencing on here just in case.

In Pre-Mode the crosshairs on the Mav Weapon display page are disappearing and the Mav is not firing or locking for me after the handoff is completed by the TGP.

I did notice that the non IR Mavs tend to lock in Area mode more than they do in any other mode for me when I get the handoff crosshairs disappear issue, not sure if anyone is experiencing the same.

I read just now that seeker range is 9nm, maybe that's it. Thought I would share the issue that I'm experiencing on here just in case.

I have the exact same problem.

when in PRE mode first lock and handoff goes OK

BUT

when you try to slew to another TGT - crosshairs disappear. You can TMS up and get a "C" above the station marker, and fire the MAV and get a hit - but nocross hairs. Funny thing is that after that launch - the crosshairs re-appear...

I think the whole TGP-->MAV correlation in PRE mode is messed up (AUTO handoff). It sort of works in first attempt but than it crumbles and becomes useless.

WPN page as SOI works though.

SB11

Edited by silentbob11

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10

When i try to fire a 65D in PRE but lock on the Target while not in Range the Handoff will not complete even when im in Range later on. Then when i unlock the Target and lock it again, this or another Target i never get a Handoff completet again and basically cant use PRE Mode anymore.

Do i have to do something special for this to work or did i encounter an Bug?

Handoff is Set to Auto in TGP.

Sadly, I can not answer this question. TBH, the whole MAV operation in the Viper is a mess. More over - the TD box on the HUD and the WPN page are not aligned (and have been like this for the last 2,3 updates) so when you try to use HUD to look for tgts your WPN page will look elsewhere so the VIS mode is not really usable.????‍♂️

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10

Issues I encountered so far:

- Mav prefer buildings over vehicles when trying to lock something, makes it very hard to attack something inside a city

- PRE mode doesn´t work for more than one attack, after that Pod and Mav dont align anymore

- AUTO handoff in PRE mode unreliable

- Turning on MAV screws up your navigation on your EHSI

- Slewcontrol of the Mav in VIS or BORE is way too sensitive

• Like 1

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

- Mav prefer buildings over vehicles when trying to lock something, makes it very hard to attack something inside a city

- PRE mode doesn´t work for more than one attack, after that Pod and Mav dont align anymore

This!

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Submit these issues with tracks in the verified bugs section.

Since this occurs during my "missions" my trackfiles are way too long for ED. But I think I´m not the only one having these issues...

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

One quick question I've had and kept forgetting to ask.

Wags turns on the laser in his video, this is strictly so that the TGP can get ranging information right?

I normally fire the laser even when I'm using dumb bombs to get ranging information (quick burst), it might not be modeled but I heard somewhere it helps with dumb bomb accuracy.

Also:

I noticed if you switch to "area mode" on the H and K Mavs and then SOI the weapons page the you can lock and fire after the handoff is completed in PRE-mode, I need to do more testing I was only able to try a few times last night.

Edited by SmoglessPanic

+1 I am seeing all of these issues

I have also see the IR Mavs jump between targets repeatedly. I believe this has been reported in the bug thread.

AKA_MattE

MBC for handoff has two stages, a geometrical stage to point missile seeker at TGP and an image comparison stage that processes the image pixels to refine the alignment.

This is why it is critical that TGP and missile polarity (and TV vs IIR) match because this image comparison will likely fail if the videos are inverse or one is TV and the other IIR.

+1 on this.

Been trying for the last 2 days, thinking i was doing something wrong, watched plenty videos of different people explaining how to use the whole Mavericks in corelation to the TGP, yes Wags video was the first i watched. But really becomes a mess after you've fired the first Mav in PRE mode. It becomes such a mess that i would be unable to describe the amount of things i've seen that made the whole TGP unusable, the Mavs stayed usable only while playing around with way more than necessary buttons presses, found that the only reliable way to use the Mavs remained in VIS mode and not using the TGP.

I've got a track file from my test tonight, but it would probably be useless to send it as i literally flew for 15-20 minutes pressing so many buttons here and there trying to figure out how to work this out, and even more useless without me literally explaining what i was doing at each point.

TLDR : Stick to using the Mavericks in VIS mode for now and not have the TGP on otherwise you're on for a crazy ride :D

To make a long story short - TGP in the Viper is half-baked. When TGP and HUD TD box don't look at same point - you're in trouble. And from there - all the other things - crosshairs and such.

SB11

same issues:thumbup:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

This!

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2