Mission #12

draconus

I happen to fly the mission for a couple of times for various reasons not related to the mission itself.

One time I noticed in debriefing that one of the Fishbeds was attacking our grounded E-3A with guns. Isn't the Yak Fishbed's primary or is it AI bug/uncontrollable behavior? btw: Thanks to the mission reflying I managed to find our ground vehicle group near Vaziani - very nice! :)

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Debatable...

I would argue the challenge is prioritizing your task of defending Seagull; it's easy to become distracted by an aircraft actively engaging you while a second slips through to kill the HVT.

The real issue is the one who's supposed to be engaging you is sometimes trying to strafe an unoccupied jet on the ground for some reason. :lol:

• 10 months later...

On my first try I tryed to engage both simultaneously, and beside that, I was mean on misiles because I wanted to spare them for the Fulcrums, thinking those old Fishbeds were not a menace, and the first one evaded my first AMRAAM, so when I came back to him after shooting an AMRAAM to the second one, I had an oportunity to fire him a Sidewinder when he had no angle to attack me, but I spared the sidewinder, then he wasn't falling as I though, he turned back to me, and got me down with an R-60 :(

I hoped that at least I had slowed down the Migs to prevent the attack.

When the mission failed I felt really bad for being that stupid, and puting so many civilian lifes at risk just to show how "good" I was

Don't underestimate the Fishbeds especially in 1vs2. I had enough trials in this mission to know things can go wrong pretty quickly.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria