ARC9 ADF Pointer Bugged?

Hi, I know how to use Arc9, I have no problems using CTLD beacons using the ADF to find them.

Bit Im trying to Get a Custom beacon in my own mission using Trigger Zones (no scripts)

Im Using

Once trigger..... Time More than........Radio Transmission.

Audio File added.

Zone Selected

AM / FM (tried both)

Loop Off / On (tried both)

Freq 900

W 1000

I am able to get Signal in the ARC9, I get Sound, But im unable to make the ADF Neddle Point to where the station is.

Right now as a test its close to the heli.

Already Tried different Frequencies

EDIT: BTW no issues ussing ARC-UD, it work as supposed to work

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

I don't think the ARK-9 works like that, it's only the R-828 in Compass mode together with the ARK-UD that can hom in on radio transmission made in the VHF band (around 30-40MHz).

If you were to edit the beacons.lua file, you can probably create a new beacon to home on to, I don't think it's possible with the mission editor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

I don't think the ARK-9 works like that, it's only the R-828 in Compass mode together with the ARK-UD that can hom in on radio transmission made in the VHF band (around 30-40MHz).

If you were to edit the beacons.lua file, you can probably create a new beacon to home on to, I don't think it's possible with the mission editor.

ARK-9 is able to get hom on radio stations, fron NDBs in map and CTLD bacon drop.

But not from Trigger Zone Radio Tranmissions

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

I assumed this would be trivial, but no, it seems there actually might be a bug affecting a certain aspect of this...

To work around it, ensure that when setting up the RADIO TRANSMISSION options, the NAME: field is either filled, or filled and then cleared. If you look at the string it's generating in the actions box, the goal is to make sure that nil at the end is either removed or replaced with a legal value.

I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶b̶m̶i̶t̶t̶e̶d̶.̶

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206921

Anyway, there's a few more problems besides just the bug. Use AM modulation, loop On (unless you want the transmission to play only once), and check that you're entering a value using the correct units for the frequency (900 kHz = 0.9 MHz). If you're getting sound but the ADF needle isn't working, check these things:

-СПУ-7 panel is set to 'РК 1' to ensure that you're indeed listening to the АРК-9 and not a different radio

-АРК-9 is set to 'КОМП.' to enable the ADF. 'АНТ.' is antenna, which is audio without ADF, and 'РАМ.' is loop, which allows you to find the direction of the transmission manually. DF without the A!

-The АРК-СВ/АРК-УКВ switch below the pilot's gyrocompass is switched to 'АРК-СВ'

Apologies if those are obvious, but it's strange that you would be getting audio without ADF unless the signal's very weak.

Edited by NOALB