F-15E?

JazonXD

There is no such thing as "future FC3".

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I really hope the F-15E takes a bit of priority once the AG radar is developed. Merely my opinion obviously, but I think the modern strike aircraft really make the game.

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

The release of the F/A-18C doesn't not mean DCS will have some sort of common library for modern radar systems that can be shared by aircraft with similar tech, especially for third parties outside of "second party" Belsimtek, which already have to create their own "External Flight Model" that may or may not be as good as ED's internal "Professional Flight Model".

The code for the Hornet's systems could be as unique as the custom code for the MiG-21 and AJS-37 radars. Some of the code could be portable and reusable, but only available to ED and/or Belsimtek.

Speculation is pretty much pointless. We can only wait and see if the arrival of the F/A-18C provides a gateway to more rapid development of aircraft with advanced systems due to readily available and easily reused code.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really hope the F-15E takes a bit of priority once the AG radar is developed.

I'd rather see the Mirage getting priority...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

What about the J-11A?

As others have stated before, the J-11A is not a seperate module, but just a user mod with a slightly more official background.

And yes it is always possible.

Not according to ED, which has been confirmed many times over.

Spoiler

I have one suggestion to RAZBAM for the F15 model.

The F-5E, the Harrier and the M-2000C are beautiful - modeled just like the old gen 2 and 3 aircraft. I have all and enjoy flying them - but do not fly the F-5E or the M-2000C on squadron missions. I do fly the Harrier, as it is the closest jet available to train for the upcoming F-18C.

The F-15 is getting a GEN 4 (maybe GEN 5) upgrade from the US military - in RL. Groups of these planes are being retrofitted right now at McDonald Douglas.

PLEASE - whatever the alphabet letter at the end of the "F-15" designation, don't build another fantastic model that is 4-5 DECADES OLD.

Build the NEW GEN 5 F-15 that is being upgraded with the new avionics engines and warfare packages.

I love these models, but don't fly them much due to limitations that they had in the early years.

There are no points for trying to fly a jet without a moving map, autopilot or a decent thrust to weight ratio. Just because the had to deal with it in the past, does NOT mean you have to deal with it now that new technology has been developed - over the past 70 years.

If you do produce the F-15...make it CURRENT and I guarantee you it will be the darling go to for DCS !

Edited by captflyby

The F-15 is getting a GEN 4 (maybe GEN 5) upgrade from the US military - in RL. Groups of these planes are being retrofitted right now at McDonald Douglas.

Generation numbers are a misnomer when in relation to aircraft upgrades. While most use the term gen to refer to when an initial design was put into service its not a good measuring stick for capability. Upgrades happen constantly, and they are not done in respect to gen 4 or 5 or X. System are upgraded in and of themselves and can be but certainly not limited to block upgrades.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

He meant Boeing, who owns everything now lol.

I disagree with what he said though, no point in flying older planes on squad ops. I fly the F-5 to success on some ops, taking a break from the Huey - no RWR, moving map, autopilot, radar, and most certainly not a great thrust to weigh ratio lol......NOTHING but my MK1 Eyeball and my experience - I fly Huey all the time and rarely get shot down by flying to its strengths. You can absolutely be successful in the modern battlefield in old iron if you fly smart....in a sim anyways.

As others have stated before, the J-11A is not a seperate module, but just a user mod with a slightly more official background.

Not according to ED, which has been confirmed many times over.

The J-11A is coming to DCS as FC3, I don't get what you mean...

The Flaming Cliffs Series is Done, there will be no more Flaming Cliffs Modules.

J-11A is Literally a Mod of the Su-27 Flaming Cliffs Module.

it's a Modified Su-27 External, and a Chinese Cockpit texture set.

Uses the FC3 Su-27 Avionics and Su-27 PFM.

its not a New FC3 Aircraft, it's a 3rd Party Expansion of an Existing FC3 Aircraft.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The Flaming Cliffs Series is Done, there will be no more Flaming Cliffs Modules.

J-11A is Literally a Mod of the Su-27 Flaming Cliffs Module.

it's a Modified Su-27 External, and a Chinese Cockpit texture set.

Uses the FC3 Su-27 Avionics and Su-27 PFM.

its not a New FC3 Aircraft, it's a 3rd Party Expansion of an Existing FC3 Aircraft.

Will the J-11A just be added to DCS World for everyone or is it something we will have to buy?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

He meant Boeing, who owns everything now lol.

I agree with the sentiment though: considering the very rich history of McDonnel, Douglas and later McDonnelDouglas it is a crime to not use that name any longer. They made some of the best (carrier) aircraft (and helicopters) in the last 70 years. And if my memory serves me correctly, Boeing didn't "purchase" MDD, but instead they merged while Boeing kept their name while only slightly adjusting their logo to indicate the existence of the MDD-branch in their company.

I disagree with what he said though, no point in flying older planes on squad ops.

Personally I find FBW-aircraft pretty boring to fly. For me, 3rd gen and early 4th gen with their stability augmentation systems are ideal: you get the feeling of "pure flying" while you get some (basic) help from electronics.

Sure, FBW makes aircraft safer and you need less skill to explore the very edges of the flight envelope, but I like the amount of work you need to put into an aircraft if you want to fly it to near its full potential, and you get punished if you mess up. It's so much more rewarding!

I'd highly prefer flying an F-4 over an F-22 in a simulator :pilotfly:

Spoiler

What stage is the F-14 in, I read it was going to be released sometime this year??? Is this true or FAKE NEWS lol.

Wrong Section, Wrong 3rd Party Developer.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...
don't see the F-15E Strike Eagle on the roadmap :(

The Strike Eagle is more complicated than the F-14 when it comes to cockpit coordination. It's also more complicated than the avionics that are in the F-18. Seeing as how the Harrier isn't more complete, that's not a complaint just an objective look, it would take a large amount of time to model and two aircraft could have been released in the wake of that dev time. That said, if they obtain permission to model it at all. The Air Force holds the E-model closer to its chest than the A-10 or the Navy would the F-18C. However tough any module has been, the E-model would be tougher.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

Expect news regarding this from July on, it's coming

Please PLEASE make sure the M-2000C avionics are brought to the level they should be at (PCA, radar, automatic countermeasures, ... ) before proper work resumes on the Strike Eagle. I know a lot has been done already on the F-15E, but still...

don't see the F-15E Strike Eagle on the roadmap :(

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/74957-razbam-dcs-f-15e/

Spoiler

Expect news regarding this from July on, it's coming

OMG this is the best news I have heard in months!!!

You have no idea how jealous I am of the AI F-15E pilots flying nap of the earth and carpet bombing targets in the F-15C red flag campaign, all while i'm at 30k being lit up by SAMs and AI radars.

I only hope you guys could collaborate/ gain license from heatblur and be able to get a modified Jester AI for the F-15E WSO.