VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

• ED Team

Also, cause it's happening more often to me now: Sometimes the first three exposed variables don't set properly, the module name gets stuck on "----" and the other two are not set. When it happens, the module specific functionality set with the exposed variables doesn't work.

EDIT: It looks like the variables fail to update on numerous other occasions. For example: after flying the Huey for a while I fired up the cold carrier start mission for the Hornet. The aircraft updated correctly in the VAICOM config menu but the variables kept showing the Huey

EDIT2: I also noticed that the settings don't update at all until the config menu is opened. Until it's opened, the plugin doesn't work correctly, it doesn't load the radio configuration, it doesn't load the player callsign, etc.

Edited by m4ti140

Hollywood I have the same problem as Hipp55 and can't open the config program. I run program the as an administrator and VA plugin support is checked. I can't find a log file so am at a loss for what to do. I sent a support ticket to Viacom but no answer as yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Nothing much, but since last update, when i go into the menu, it hasnt picked up the harrier. Things seem to be working ok. Should i leave it or reinstall?

I havent tried any complex calls, only got as far as refueling so cant say if all is ok.

Cheers

I don’t know if it has been discussed before... but in the hornet if I do the missions starting from the air... the ptt won’t change to hornet on the config menu. But if I load a mission with the plane in the ground it works fine.

Is this normal? Haven’t tried it with other modules yet? Anyway to force it. Seems silly that to do the aerial refueling practice I have to load a ramp start, change PTT; exit and load the instant action mission.

Now putting aside me being a diva, this is a great software you created. Love it!

Ok, been browsing all 76 pages in am unable to fix the problem. Since the OB's last update I too have the problem many have had; VA recognizes the command but is not being activated in DCS until I press my COMM1 hotkey (ralt+\).

I tried everything; resetting everything in VAICOM, reinstalling to the latest version, removing and re-adding the chatter.dll, deleting all the .lua files as mentionned by another poster, repairing DCS, redoing my key binding and making sure I don't have any conflicts in DCS. No error in the log file. I'm at a loss...

Attaching here my export.lua in case.

Export.lua

VAICOMPRO.export.lua

Ok, been browsing all 76 pages in am unable to fix the problem. Since the OB's last update I too have the problem many have had; VA recognizes the command but is not being activated in DCS until I press my COMM1 hotkey (ralt+\).

I tried everything; resetting everything in VAICOM, reinstalling to the latest version, removing and re-adding the chatter.dll, deleting all the .lua files as mentionned by another poster, repairing DCS, redoing my key binding and making sure I don't have any conflicts in DCS. No error in the log file. I'm at a loss...

Same issue, at a random point it starts queuing commands until i press the comm menu. :(

I'm having exactly the same problem. There do seem to be some commands which work correctly, I set up a simple mission in the Persian Gulf with me starting on the runway, and asking for permission to take off was immediate.

However, in that mission I also have the Stennis and a tanker, neither of which will respond until I press the COMM1 key binding (RALT # on a UK keyboard). Sometimes I have to press it twice before anything happens.

I also noticed the way that commands seem to 'queue up' and then each press of the COMM1 key activates them in the order that they were issued.

I'm using direct X buttons on the throttle for TX1 and TX2, so there's no conflicts in that respect. As a (hopefully temporary) workaround I was considering using TARGET to fire 'RALT #' after each button release, but worry that might cause other problems.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Having the same issue here as well. Mission last night (MP) where clients both had the issue of VAICOM not sending command through DCS after it shows as recognized in VA. Funny thing is that the host did NOT have an issue. WE checked easy comms, and all of the normal things that cause the issue but nothing changed. It was exactly as the others have mentioned. It cues it up, but unless you hit a transmit key (Interestingly enough the one I had to push wasnt even mapped in voiceattack) it will not transmit it out in DCS. It is as if when they changed the key bindings, it affected the transmit on the radio. Verified that no key was programmed to the Comm1/2 transmit keys in DCS profile. Also noted that simple commands (canopy open, NVG toggle, etc., which have been added to profile work without issue. It seems to only be VAICOM AI Communications commands that are affected (Tanker, Stennis, Crew, Darkstar) I will try the same mission tonight in SP to see if it happens to be a Multiplayer issue.....:joystick:

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

I think this was an issue with the F/A-18 update and not necessarily Viacom. The simple radio plugin had a similar problem and they fixed it, I'm no .LUA expert but they had to provide a supplemental file. If someone is feeling froggy maybe parsing through it would shed some light on the fix.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216239

Agreed. I did not try other airframes but DCS did have the following in the changelog from the 18th so something was done to the radios.

COMM: Manually entered frequency will no more appears in channels settings

Hopefully it will be that simple..

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

Hey guys. Thanks for pointing out the FA-18C issue. It seems ED made another change to the Hornet comms system. Since I'm away I cannot verify details and address the problem at this time. If easy comms ON does work I suggest to use that as a workaround for the moment. If it doesn't, then perhaps lua savvy users can do some tests to come up with a fix, I'm available on PM to answer specific questions. Cheers

Hollywood

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Probably gonna have to be the .lua guru as I had easy comms on and had the issue. Didnt try easy comms off though..........was also using multi to single in the VAICOM setup.

Hmmmmmmmmmm... Wonder if MP host had easy comms off (he said he did not, but it could still happen)...

New VC user

Hollywood, Great plug in. Really appreciate the effort AND the support you give. I've read the thread from the beginning to try and find my issue.

Trying to get it to work, about 5% of the time it does but I also think I have a .lua issue. Standard DCS W, Oculus, TM Thrustmaster Warthog. In VA the keyword collection has 1 entry for each keyword. so it looks like...

*Abort Inbound* (multipart)

*Abort Refuel* (multipart)

...etc.

The issue I see in debug mode is

6:29:17 PM - Listening suspended

6:29:16 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX4 release'

6:29:14 PM - (awaiting additional input)

6:29:14 PM - Have result, identified as recipient : Darkstar

6:29:14 PM - Captured sentence: darkstar

6:29:14 PM - Recognized : 'darkstar' (Confidence 94)

6:29:12 PM - Listening resumed

6:29:12 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX4 press'

6:29:08 PM - Listening suspended

6:29:08 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX4 release'

6:29:06 PM - (awaiting additional input)

6:29:06 PM - Have result, identified as recipient : Darkstar

6:29:06 PM - Captured sentence: darkstar

6:29:06 PM - Recognized : 'darkstar' (Confidence 95)

6:29:04 PM - Listening resumed

6:29:04 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX4 press'

6:28:38 PM - (awaiting additional input)

6:28:38 PM - Have result, identified as recipient : Two

6:28:38 PM - Captured sentence: two check in

6:28:38 PM - Recognized : 'two check in' (contains 'two') (Confidence 87)

6:28:38 PM - Listening suspended

6:28:37 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX4 release'

I have tried the Use Audio Hints and I wait for the beep but actually see it work better if I don't (The Two Check In was without much wait)

Thoughts?

Bear

Bear

I9-7960X 2.8Ghx, 64 GB Ram, 2 x M2 1TB Drives, 2 x GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid 11G

Experiencing a similiar issue as above after today’s update. Only with the F/A-18C, at least for me. The commands will pass through only after I press any of the active PTT keys a second time. Tried the A-10C and commands go straight through to DCS with no additional PTT presses required. May try rebinding my keys, but this is a real nuisance issue right now.

Edit: This is with 2.5 Open Beta.

Update: After going into my VA setup and doing the unassign/reassign joystick thing, all commands are going through to DCS with one PTT press and release on the Hornet. Tested the other modules just to be sure. All good. Might be a coincidence but I am a happy camper again. Love this software!!

Edited by GIJoe
Additional Info

I think this was an issue with the F/A-18 update and not necessarily Viacom. The simple radio plugin had a similar problem and they fixed it, I'm no .LUA expert but they had to provide a supplemental file. If someone is feeling froggy maybe parsing through it would shed some light on the fix.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216239

I took a look into this. Compared the updated file with the original, and there's these differences:

Oiginal

-- VHF AM
   -- Set radio data
   _data.radios[2].name = "AN/ARC-210 - 1"
   _data.radios[2].freq =  SR.getRadioFrequency(39)
   _data.radios[2].modulation = SR.getRadioModulation(39)
   _data.radios[2].volume = SR.getRadioVolume(0, 108,{0.0,1.0},false)*  SR.getRadioVolume(0, 362,{0.0,1.0},false)
   -- _data.radios[2].encMode = 2 -- Mode 2 is set by aircraft

-- UHF
   -- Set radio data
   _data.radios[3].name = "AN/ARC-210 - 2"
   _data.radios[3].freq = SR.getRadioFrequency(40)
   _data.radios[3].modulation = SR.getRadioModulation(40)
   _data.radios[3].volume = SR.getRadioVolume(0, 123,{0.0,1.0},false) *  SR.getRadioVolume(0, 361,{0.0,1.0},false)
   _data.radios[3].encMode = 2 -- Mode 2 is set by aircraft

Update

-- VHF AM
   -- Set radio data
   _data.radios[2].name = "AN/ARC-210 - 1"
   _data.radios[2].freq =  SR.getRadioFrequency(38)
   _data.radios[2].modulation = SR.getRadioModulation(38)
   _data.radios[2].volume = SR.getRadioVolume(0, 108,{0.0,1.0},false)*  SR.getRadioVolume(0, 362,{0.0,1.0},false)
   -- _data.radios[2].encMode = 2 -- Mode 2 is set by aircraft

-- UHF
   -- Set radio data
   _data.radios[3].name = "AN/ARC-210 - 2"
   _data.radios[3].freq = SR.getRadioFrequency(39)
   _data.radios[3].modulation = SR.getRadioModulation(39)
   _data.radios[3].volume = SR.getRadioVolume(0, 123,{0.0,1.0},false) *  SR.getRadioVolume(0, 361,{0.0,1.0},false)
   _data.radios[3].encMode = 2 -- Mode 2 is set by aircraft

The only changes being the numbers in brackets after 'getRadioFrequency' and 'getRadioModulation'.

Thinking I might be onto something I had a look through the VAICOM lua files, but can't see anything similar.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Thanks for this Brun. There seems to be a change in device numbering i.e. 38/39/40.. If in VAICOMPRO.export.lua you find the line refering to the Hornet PerformClickableAction command you may have some success by changing the number used there. Grtz

@Bear looks like you need to just complete the command with correct keywords e.g 'Two...Radio Check' or 'Darkstar...Request Picture'. Have a look at the reference tables and send me a PM if you need more help.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I don't know how this happened, or if it has happened to anyone else..

But I was getting errors in my Export.lua file from different mods/plugins I was using. (SimShaker; VIACOM PRO; SimpleRadio) After removing them one at a time, it was narrowed down to VIACOM Pro causing the errors.

The error was in the .\VIACOMPRO\VIACOMPRO.export.lua file. So, I renamed it, and another one was automatically created that was HALF the size of the one I had been using!?? Upon comparing the two files, the old one that I had been using was exactly twice the size of this new one. And I can see that all of the functions and code were in their twice!

5.42kb vs 10.5kb; 218 lines vs 436 lines.

The new lua with 218 lines works without errors in the dcs.log. Very strange.. I have not had a chance to test if this is the problem with my voice recognition being sketchy, but I hope it helps..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Anyone having issues with the M2000 and the Map Multi to Single option?

Vaicom doesnt appear to communicate automatically on the Red UHF radio, it will only make calls on the Green V/UHF radio. Works fine if i manually select the channel using TX2 UHF.

I have only just started flying the M2000 so im not sure if this is a bug introduced with the latest OB.

Thanks for this Brun. There seems to be a change in device numbering i.e. 38/39/40.. If in VAICOMPRO.export.lua you find the line refering to the Hornet PerformClickableAction command you may have some success by changing the number used there. Grtz

@Bear looks like you need to just complete the command with correct keywords e.g 'Two...Radio Check' or 'Darkstar...Request Picture'. Have a look at the reference tables and send me a PM if you need more help.

Tried playing around with the values (38, 39, 40, in every combination), no luck :(

I have been playing with it as well with some success. In my case, while I am using 2.5.3, my Vaicom.export.lua had a version of 2.5.0 with no F-18 listed (probably a poorly executed update on my part). I uninstalled vaicom from voice attack as well as the associated export.lua files in saved games and app data (anywhere I found Vaicom.export.lua). I reinstalled 2.5.3 and when I checked the Vaicom.export.lua it had an F-18 listed. It appears to have corrected the failure to send the command to DCS and all went well except for being able to switch between the two tankers I have in game. This could easily have been a failure to set up the VAICOM panel up correctly. I made no changes to any of the export.lua files, just let them regenerate...