F/A-18 sensor/weapon roadmap?

llOPPOTATOll

Yes we have. Please see the FAQ Thread as well as the mini updates:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

It's a list containing everything but nothing mentiones the questioned order of implementation :D

For example: I'm sure the Sparrow is easier to implement that the SLAM-ER, so it would make sense that the Sparrow comes before the SLAM-ER

It's a list containing everything but nothing mentiones the questioned order of implementation :D

For example: I'm sure the Sparrow is easier to implement that the SLAM-ER, so it would make sense that the Sparrow comes before the SLAM-ER

Infact...the Sparrow will come out in EA

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

We might get one, but someone said ED will be holding off because people will dislike it if they miss dates.

We do already know that HARMs and the ATFLIR pod are at top priority, along with the radar TWS and other a-a modes. We will likely be getting at least the first 2 this year

2 years will be too long to wait for HARM, AGM 65 weapons, ATFLIR and associated sensor for me. I would advise that ED start working hard to get them in after the early access release.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

2 years will be too long to wait for HARM, AGM 65 weapons, ATFLIR and associated sensor for me. I would advise that ED start working hard to get them in after the early access release.

You read it incorrectly. We are getting the first 2 (the HARM and ATFLIR) THIS year, not in 2 years). The year is almost half over.

You read it incorrectly. We are getting the first 2 (the HARM and ATFLIR) THIS year, not in 2 years). The year is almost half over.
Great and my bad

Thanks for the information

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

harm and harpoon can do the trick. these 2 are the most exciting things to me

at least we already have maverick and guided bombs with a-10c

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I agree with ED that the AA radar modes and HARM are the most critical items after the EA. Followed by ATFLIR and the rest of the weapons. AS mentionned by Ebabil, most of the other weapons are available with the A10.

I dont think that ED will need will need more than a year to implement the missing features and sensors. I am sure Belsimtek will want to finish the Hornet ASAP to move to the Phantom

They will get them in after the early access...

When. They’re. Ready.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I think the most important thing to be implemented after Wednesday is the A2G radar. Everything else can wait.

I agree. I would first finish the aircraft systems (actually both AA and AG radar modes, RWR, bombing modes, moving map, etc) and then add external stuff more or less in chronological order maybe with reasoned compromises, eg something like: ALQ-167, TGP (even though it is not a Nitehawk), LGB, HARM, Harpoon, AMRAAM, JDAM, HMCS, AIM-9X, SLAM-ER, etc.

This way we can start simulating early conflicts in this aircraft and then go on from there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the most important thing to be implemented after Wednesday is the A2G radar. Everything else can wait.

Its probably the most difficult to be implemented, which is why it probably won't be the first on the list.

Its probably the most difficult to be implemented, which is why it probably won't be the first on the list.
From the recent YouTubeo question and answer section in which Wag was featured, I take it from he comments that ED already has a functional AG radar system. I think it just needs to be tailored and integrated into the FA-18C system. We would will not be waiting too long to see the AG radar.

https://youtu.be/yFzsxH4-fe8

(forward to 24:25)

Edited by Eaglewings

i seem to remember statements made to the point that because the ag radar was of lesser significance for a2g functionality than the atflir, it is correspondingly of lesser development priority

so dont expect it too soon.

A lot still needs to be done on the radar and RWR... I'd like to see the basic systems done before moving on to completely different sensors and weapons.

From what I understand, Wags said they wanted HARM and ATFLIR to be the priority after the basic systems are done.

A lot still needs to be done on the radar and RWR... I'd like to see the basic systems done before moving on to completely different sensors and weapons.

From what I understand, Wags said they wanted HARM and ATFLIR to be the priority after the basic systems are done.

As far as I’m concerned, AG radar is part of “basic systems” :music_whistling:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

So the order could be HARM, ATFLIR, GUIDED WEAPONS, AIM120/9X, GROUND RADAR?

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S