Harrier Training Missions

baltic_dragon

These work great, some oddities after the conventional landing once I parked, instructor continued to talk about landing procedure while the after landing highlight box switches were being used to highlight some switches. Wasn't sure if there is a shutdown procedure in the conventional landing misison.

Very nicely done and shows how much different the harrier flies for me now that I've been flying the f18 and mirage lately. Lots of information and decent step by step instructions, wouldn't expect anything less from your misisons as usual. Thanks for posting these :)

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

These work great, some oddities after the conventional landing once I parked, instructor continued to talk about landing procedure while the after landing highlight box switches were being used to highlight some switches. Wasn't sure if there is a shutdown procedure in the conventional landing misison.

Very nicely done and shows how much different the harrier flies for me now that I've been flying the f18 and mirage lately. Lots of information and decent step by step instructions, wouldn't expect anything less from your misisons as usual. Thanks for posting these :)

Thanks, will check the landing one and the switches. You did make two touch-and-goes and landed only on the third one?

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks, will check the landing one and the switches. You did make two touch-and-goes and landed only on the third one?
Yup two touch and go landings and the third one I came to a stop and parked on the right of the runway. On the third landing attempt while you are on the runway, the instructor starts talking again about increasing throttle and taking off again but after a short while he then says bring it to a halt and taxi off the runway when I just continue to slow down.

I'll be flying this one again as I need the practice. Also I did not see a cold start misison, this was not part of the pack I believe. Because after the introduction of the cockpit and preflight misison the instructor says continue to the cold start misison. Assuming that one is still being worked on.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

OK, I've added a link in the first post to the available ones. Just download them and create a separate Training folder in Mods/Harrier/Missions and put them in there together with the LUA file.. let me know if it works.

Could you please add link here, cause I don't know what first you're referring to...tx

I flew only the conventional landing mission so far but I have to say, amazing work! Really a positive surprise. Love the voice acting. For those that the trainer audio is too low -just increase the volume on the radio. One quick issue - the first mission has the view settings embedded.

Edit: I just checked all the missions. Only the first one contains the view settings.

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Ok I found the link for Training Mission 01, 04, and 07...But when I get to the site, there is a LUA file and 9 Mission files with no labels so where's the training missions???

Ok, I think I figured it out...confusing though...why won't Razbam allow your missions in the update itself?

Edited by Alphamale

Ok they work great. Thanks so much...the audio volume in the beginning was oscillating a bit but afterwards all was fine...I must say, I like how the transcript is persistent until SPACEBAR....it gives you a chance to review what was said while the trainee was looking at something else..I wish the other module training missions were like this...thank you again, BD

Could you please add link here, cause I don't know what first you're referring to...tx
First page of this thread. Download them then go to the dcs world install directory, mods/aircraft/av8b/

Create a training folder there and paste the missions. Then access them through the training section in dcs.

First page of this thread. Download them then go to the dcs world install directory, mods/aircraft/av8b/

Create a training folder there and paste the missions. Then access them through the training section in dcs.

Got it, thanks

Ok I found the link for Training Mission 01, 04, and 07...But when I get to the site, there is a LUA file and 9 Mission files with no labels so where's the training missions???

Ok, I think I figured it out...confusing though...why won't Razbam allow your missions in the update itself?

They have, there was some problem with the last update, it seems not all the committed material made it through. They will appear normally after next update.

I flew only the conventional landing mission so far but I have to say, amazing work! Really a positive surprise. Love the voice acting. For those that the trainer audio is too low -just increase the volume on the radio. One quick issue - the first mission has the view settings embedded.

Edit: I just checked all the missions. Only the first one contains the view settings.

Woo! Glad you enjoy my voice overs!

Thanks again to Baltic for letting me take part in this. It's very cool to be in such a well executed project.

More cool stuff is in the works, as always.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

[quote name=One quick issue - the first mission has the view settings embedded.

Edit: I just checked all the missions. Only the first one contains the view settings.[/quote]

Use 7-zip, or whatever you use for zipped files, and open the file as an archive to remove the config settings. :pilotfly:

Use 7-zip, or whatever you use for zipped files, and open the file as an archive to remove the config settings. :pilotfly:

Yes, thank you for the tip. I know about it but it's better that the problem is resolved in the source package. Thus just letting know Baltic that there is a mission which needs fixing.

Woo! Glad you enjoy my voice overs!

Thanks again to Baltic for letting me take part in this. It's very cool to be in such a well executed project.

More cool stuff is in the works, as always.

Congratulations!. The final effect is really great. Looking forward for remaining missions.

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Just a heads up - I've got three more missions coming your way pretty soon, even though I am on holidays (which means I cannot test them properly and have to rely on reports from beta testers). You will get three full missions:

M12 - Stores management

M14 - Gun and Rockets

M17 - Maverick and Sidearm

Once the VREST page is finished, all the take off and handling ones can also be finished. So stay tuned!

Flew the CL landing mission "Harrier Caucasus TM04 FULL.miz"

On my first run through, I missed the text line in "FL125" that tells the player to start their decent, as the audio talks about max. landing gear deployment speeds, etc. rather than instructing the player to start their decent.

So IMHO there should a 'commence decent to 1200 ft' audio cue there as well.

As others have said, the 'touch and go' triggers activated durring the 'full stop' landing at the end (along with the 'full stop' stuff) but otherwise everything looked good.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If all goes well I should have different variants of Mavericks + Sidearms, Guns and Rockets + Stores Management ones (so additional three with different sub-variants), they are mostly ready but I have to return from holidays to my rig to finalize / test them. So yes. And then the remaining ones :)

Love the missions so far. Wanted to point out in M07 long version the voice over for the fuel select for TOT says Feed instead of TOT. And I crash to desktop shortly thereafter. it's happened twice so far but at different times. I'm not running any mods and haven't had any issues before. I'll keep trying and let you know. Anyhow enjoy your vacation and your new rig when you get back.

Edit: Fixed my problem. Just Shut everything down and restarted computer.

Edited by canadianbaken