Lock framerates in 2.5.1?

chris455

Hello gents,

Does anyone know of a way to lock framerates in DCS World 2.5.1?

There are old threads on this subject, but there no longer appears to be an autoexec.cfg in C;\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Config. When I append an autoexec.bat file with max refresh instructions in Config, my game will not launch.

I am seeking to limit framerates to around 60 so they do not exceed my monitors maximum refresh rate and cause stutters.

Thanks in advance for any help-

Chris

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Remembering Arlie "Jack" Campbell, US Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done dad, rest in peace.

Disregard guys- don't know what I initially did wrong, but my 2nd attempt at an autoexec.cfg worked.

Maybe this will help others, good flying in any case !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Remembering Arlie "Jack" Campbell, US Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done dad, rest in peace.

Internal locking fps is useless because it gives false 62-63, you need to use NvidiaProfileInspector in the profile of the DCS value of the Frame Rate Limiter to give what you need.

I'm on this mistake pointed out several times.

Download: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/build/artifacts

fps.JPG.e527efb59fc0efc2121fe61bd352642f.JPG

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Internal locking fps is useless because it gives false 62-63, you need to use NvidiaProfileInspector in the profile of the DCS value of the Frame Rate Limiter to give what you need.

I'm on this mistake pointed out several times.

Download: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/build/artifacts

MSI rivaturner is better in terms of lag, nvidia inspector fps limiter induce 4-5 ms lag compared to rivaturner.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

The best option for the lowest delay is to lock directly in the internally through the game. As I wrote it is very bad.

Input lag dealing with the help of Fast-sync against V-sync is much smaller.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.